General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

help install vafc2!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
help install vafc2!

I'm using this diagram right here...

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...highlight=vafc

Sooo let me get this straight.

red
black
brown
grey
light blue
blue
purple
white

Are those the only wires we use? I'm not sure about the input and output wires... btw I got my vafc2 used. So I have no manual.

are the pink and yellow wires used?
Old 07-13-2005

ohhhh I see... you cut the wire, and put it to the input, then the output wire goes back to the ecu.
Old 07-22-2005
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
unless you know exactly what ur doing I would not do this urself. when I tried I didnt get the wires right and when the enginestarted it was bad. so I took iot in had it done right and had it dynoed. If you dont get ur car dynoed and set up correctley then u will never be able to lower your engagment point. after the dyno I am now able to kick the vtec in at 2400 and low cam kicks in at 2200. and now when the vtec kicks in I can tell a huge difference when I start to pull out of 1st gear. definatley get it to a dyno.
Old 07-22-2005

I planned on it... I also think I'm going to get the vafc2 obd2 harness for out cars... it'll be ten times easier.
Old 07-22-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
if you can't follow that detailed post with all the info there, you shouldn't install it. Its just a very easy thing to mess up and then you'll be out $1000 for a new ecu. I sure hope you remember to unplug the battery because those are LIVE wires that can kill you! Honestly, its not worth it. I had mine dyno tuned, gained 2whp with some moderate engine work. Changed one little thing and now the a/f is way off again and needs to be retuned. as for vtec engagement, its a very bad idea to change it. alot of conditions need to be met before the stock ecu can activate it such as oil pressure, full throttle, rpm, etc. it can be very bad if you just set it to engage at one rpm instead of variable and it can ruin your engine if it engages at lower oil pressure.
Old 07-22-2005

It is worth it for me... its the cheapest alternative for my turbo setup.
Old 07-22-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
wow thats gonna suck tuning it for turbo and even then you'll only get a good tune at WOT if at all.
Old 07-23-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
eww why vafcII for turbo you should have just saved a little more. really the only good thing it is good for is for lx/dx to ex head swap. kind of like me but im running a dx ecu with a d17a2.
Old 07-27-2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
Originally Posted by gearbox
if you can't follow that detailed post with all the info there, you shouldn't install it. Its just a very easy thing to mess up and then you'll be out $1000 for a new ecu. I sure hope you remember to unplug the battery because those are LIVE wires that can kill you! Honestly, its not worth it. I had mine dyno tuned, gained 2whp with some moderate engine work. Changed one little thing and now the a/f is way off again and needs to be retuned. as for vtec engagement, its a very bad idea to change it. alot of conditions need to be met before the stock ecu can activate it such as oil pressure, full throttle, rpm, etc. it can be very bad if you just set it to engage at one rpm instead of variable and it can ruin your engine if it engages at lower oil pressure.
lol... agree with this guy.. dont think it could be explained any easier