General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Rear RSX Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005
Balut Eating Champ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
Rear RSX Seats

any of you guys know what, where, and how? to install the RSX-S leather back seat? I got the bottom part installed, but the back part where you lean on is wider... I tried squeezing it, but no luck...

I've heared from old threads that I have to cut a metal piece from the inside to fit? can anybody show me or give me a DIY... I would really appreciate it... thanks!
Old 06-01-2005
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
nee body?
Old 06-01-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
There was a diy but im not sure where the hell it went. I can give you a basic idea here, and if you need more details, pm me.

The 50/50 rear backs need to be cut down in order to fit - the rear of the dc5 is bigger than the rear of the em2. first, with a hammer, turn down the mount for the em2 backs that is attached to the back wall. do not cut it off in case you want to go back to stock.

youll need a die grinder with a wheel that cuts metal. harborfreighttools.com sells one for 10 bucks. youll need to remove the leather covers and expose the metal frame. then youll cut the access metal away from the tubing frame of the seat with the die grinder - this is fun. youll see this once you remove the cover and the foam. cut the foam a little larger than the frame and recover the seat back - this will allow you to snug the seat into the rear of the car. you can use zip ties to attach the cover to the frame or you can sew it if you are really ****. zip ties are your best friend for this project.

once you have the new backs completed, its up to you how to set them in. i used super strong zip ties to tie the metal frame to the back of the seat housing. also, note the gap at the top of the seats and the rear deck - the rear rsx seats are shorter than the em2. no one can tell the difference unless i point it out.

Old 06-01-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
rep for you blouis! Do you know if putting in rear ep3 seats require the same modification as the rear RSX seats?
Old 06-01-2005
Registered!!

SpecialEdCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
From what i have read i believe you will not have a problem with the ep3 hatch rear seats. I am looking to change all my seats to ep3 seats. I will try to find where i saw someone put ep3 seats in and link it.
Old 06-01-2005
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
dam j ur ride is gonna be clean
Old 06-02-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by allmotor
dam j ur ride is gonna be clean
hehe nah, Im not positive on getting the rear SI seats.. I'm only gonna buy them if I dont have to do any custom work fitting them in. I'm not much of a fabricater...
Old 06-02-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SpecialEdCivic
From what i have read i believe you will not have a problem with the ep3 hatch rear seats. I am looking to change all my seats to ep3 seats. I will try to find where i saw someone put ep3 seats in and link it.
i hear the rear ep3 seats will not fit. i think they are to narrow to fit the back of the em2.

thnx for da rep
Old 06-03-2005
Registered!!

CdKoInU is an unknown quantity at this point
heres a website i found...

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...ats.htm+&hl=en
Old 06-03-2005
Registered!!

2K2SilverCivicSiR is an unknown quantity at this point
for anyone with the RSX Rear Seats, in, does you guys find that the Bottom piece is shorter then the EM2?
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

2K2SilverCivicSiR is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone?
Old 06-04-2005
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
looks hawt. wish i could find a busted rsx to get seats from. god would i lvoe leather seats..
Old 06-04-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

Originally Posted by paradoxblue
looks hawt. wish i could find a busted rsx to get seats from. god would i lvoe leather seats..
clubrsx.com has em all the time in the forsale section.
Old 06-04-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

Originally Posted by 2K2SilverCivicSiR
for anyone with the RSX Rear Seats, in, does you guys find that the Bottom piece is shorter then the EM2?
it may be a tad shorter, but it still looks good as stock.