General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

02 wire color? quick help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005
Balut Eating Champ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
02 wire color? quick help please!!!

search button fuggin sucks!!! i can't find **** for the 02 wire color... is it the green or the white wire?
Old 05-28-2005
Balut Eating Champ

nobody knows?
Old 05-28-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
which wire are you talking about, the o2 has 4 wires cause they are both heated o2's.
Old 05-28-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Are you hooking up an A/F ratio gauge?

Anyways it's the White wire (#6 on Connector A).
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=155306
Old 05-28-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=155265
Old 05-28-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
No no, that one you posted abov sucks discreet, I followed that adn tapped the white wire and it didn't work lol (course then maybe I suck lol)
Old 05-28-2005
Balut Eating Champ

i'm talkin about the wire to connect the O2 sensor simulator... is the white wire the O2 sensor and the green is ground?
Old 05-28-2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
its the black wire that reads the a/f in hence is the one that needs to be simulated
Old 05-28-2005

xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
is yours a 5 wire sim.. if so

if itts just a 5 wire hook up.. then
red wire - postive on battery
black wire - negative on battery
RPM wire - blue wire to left of battery under black boot
TPS wire - red/black wire in middle wire in group of 3 wires by throttle body
o2 sim wire - cut black wire off 2nd o2 sensor, tape end going to sensor, run the simulator back to the harness that plugs in the car. leave other 3 wires alone and wrap the sensor in foil. tie under car somewhere......

assuming you have a 5 wire sim.. but if its one that taps into the a/f then just use the black wire
Old 05-28-2005
Balut Eating Champ

i have the 4 wire 02 simulator... i have to hook up the 02 sensor wire to the purple wire... but i'm not too sure if it's the white one or the green... the instruction that came with it doesn't match to the wires i have on the car... if I know for sure which one is the 02 sensor wire then i'm set... thanks for the help guys!
Old 05-28-2005

black wire is the 02 wire you need to connect to dude
Old 05-28-2005
Balut Eating Champ

hmmmm? i thought both black is for heater ground?
Old 06-01-2005
02 Civic EX

Chowmane is an unknown quantity at this point
Isn't there two O2 Sensor on our car - if so which sensor do you tap the Air/Fuel gauge too. I'm thinking the 2nd one - the one further from the engine bay - right be the catalytic converter.

Sorry I have a 2002 Civic EX automatic:

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-01-2005

mines is tapped into the primary sensor
Old 06-01-2005
02 Civic EX

"Primary Sensor" which is where? Is it the 1st or 2nd O2 Sensor or is yours tapped in somewhere else.
Old 06-26-2005
02 Civic EX

A/F Gauge not working - Just read Rich all the time???

Ok - Does it matter if it's the 1st O2 Sensor by the Header or the 2nd O2 Sensor by that Cat.

I tapped mine into the 2nd O2 Sensor by the cat but when I turn the ignition on the A/F reads Rich - doesn't move at all. I check all the wires - everything is hooked up right - I splice/tap into the O2 Sensor and made sure it had good contact.

So why is it ready Rich and not bouncing back and forth like it should. I just have the car at idle - haven't drove it yet - want to make sure everything is hooked up correctly.

Here's a DIY I found in the forum and it clearly says to tap into the black wire but on the 1st O2 Sensor - does it Matter?????

Open the hood. Look straight down the exhaust manifold. There is a plug with a bunch of wires going to it just under the header. Thats your O2 sensor. Trace the wires back to the grey connector plug near the engine block (over on the right side, under the radiator hose). Slide back the wire shroud so you can see the wires (4 of them). Put a tap splice on the BLACK wire between the O2 sensor and the connector.

Run the wire inside the car. I recommend you not run the wire attached to the gauge through into the engine bay. It won't reach and it'll mean you'll have to splice the wires together in the engine bay. You'll be better off joining them inside the car so you minimize the exposed wire. Attach the wire you spliced into the O2 sensor to the purple wire on the back of the gauge. You need to find 12V and Ground. The Yellow/Green stripe wire that goes to the Cig lighter is 12 V, there is a screw behind the lower dash panel (w/ the lighter in it) that is a ground post, or you can run a ground wire in from the engine block (I did this). Hook up power and ground to their respective wires and thats it.
The gauge will oscillate back and forth between rich and lean. Don't expect it to stay in one place. It will completely disappear if you're moving and you take your foot off the gas (good old ULEV in action), and don't be surprised if it favors the lean side rather than rich (ULEV again). It should go rich if you floor it.
Old 06-26-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
a/f gauge is just a pretty light that goes back and forth... worthless... Unless you have a wideband.