General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Converting to Right Hand Drive

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Converting to Right Hand Drive

Aside from knowing that it would cost a fortune and they there are a million other things I could spend money on, lets assume that it was something I was willing to take on. Has anyone actually done it in a 7th gen? I see a lot of people knocking it but I can't find anyone who has pulled it off. I even saw someone knocking the seats (as if they were different). I could probably use the same center console, but would need the dash, door panels, and steering linkage, move clutch assembly. All in all it seems like it would be easier to have a front clip so that I could see the firewall as well. At any rate, back to the original question: Has anyone done it yet on our cars? If I only could import a JDM clip (sedan) are the dash assemblies different? Anyone ever imported anything from the UK? I know they've got RHD Coupes. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2005
< My future wife.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
all i know is thatd be neat
Old 05-10-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
i dont think anyone has done it but that is beyond a lot of work.....especially if u wanted to drop a k24 in yours? I mean damn i cant even imagine how much work that would be
Old 05-10-2005
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Forget the k series. I have enough dough in the stereo. I'd be content with RHD and my stereo.
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
im not bashing it or anything, sounds like a great idea. but one question. why?
Old 05-10-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
that would be a lot of work and i would hate you even more than i already do......hmmmm would your kick panels still fit and everythign also?
Old 05-10-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

Originally Posted by ricergribbs
It's Dallis if u knew him, it would be enough reason as to why
Old 05-10-2005
Premium Member

As I researched it over this site, I found a lot of people asking the same thing. To be honest, I've been looking at all of the 90 Integras that people have converted to RHD and am kinda hooked on the idea. I'm pretty mechanically inclined so I'd pull it off on my own. None of it seems too daunting, just difficult to piece together given that we're in the US. I think it's the same reason so many of us on this site want unique cars. It's kind of a reflection of our personalities. I love having a unique car and I'm always proupd of what I've done to it. There is no specific purpose other than the novelty of it. So far I see only one major drawback: fast food drive thrus. lol Nah, it's just me wanting something that stands out. If it ends up being some ungodly amount I'll drop it which is why I'd like to find someone here that has done it.
Old 05-10-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
i know of one person who has done it to a sedan and the si, its honda motor co.
other than that if you have a 4-door it might be easier to sell your current car and import one from england or something, unless they have the 2dr in england or australia or something
Old 05-10-2005
Premium Member

I wouldn't sell the current car. Too many people have pulled it off without purchasing an entire car. Besides then DOT gets involved and I don't need it. It can be done. but Austrailia might be a good idea too.
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Sounds like a good idea but I hope you don't plan on going to a drive-thru with your car.
Old 05-10-2005
Premium Member

God this thing is ugly btw
Old 05-10-2005
...JDMDC5...one day...one day...

Hawaiian_Built is an unknown quantity at this point
drive thru's would be a problem, drive in reverse...
Old 05-10-2005
Premium Member

Just checked ebay UK, Austrailia, and Japan. I need a contact at a wrecking yard. I wonder whta would be cheaper to ship from the UK or Austrailia

Anybody know of any OTHER country that would have RHD Civics?

Last edited by Rufus; 05-10-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

EM2typeflex is an unknown quantity at this point
Rhd

That's the same thing I've been wondering, if we could use the JDM 4 door right hand drive parts on our EM2's. Since you're not the only one interested , that makes two of us, let's pressure SATOSHI, the member who lives in Japan to do the research for us. lol. But I'm serious about maybe him helping us accomplish this.
Old 05-10-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Rufus
Just checked ebay UK, Austrailia, and Japan. I need a contact at a wrecking yard. I wonder whta would be cheaper to ship from the UK or Austrailia

Anybody know of any OTHER country that would have RHD Civics?
look into it, maybe someplace in central america, i think brazil is, ireland is i think and most european countries
Old 05-11-2005
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
wasnt there something like thailand or philipines or something?
Old 05-11-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
might as well take a trip to japan, and import a RHD
Old 05-11-2005
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
ya why.... pointless mod....waste of thosands of dallors and its still a US civic...
Old 05-11-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by EM2typeflex
That's the same thing I've been wondering, if we could use the JDM 4 door right hand drive parts on our EM2's. Since you're not the only one interested , that makes two of us, let's pressure SATOSHI, the member who lives in Japan to do the research for us. lol. But I'm serious about maybe him helping us accomplish this.
Deal. Let me know what I can do to help

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
look into it, maybe someplace in central america, i think brazil is, ireland is i think and most european countries
Good point. Brazil might be cheaper to ship from.

wasnt there something like thailand or philipines or something?
I suppose it will come down to where are are parts most readily available.

Originally Posted by manahoonie
might as well take a trip to japan, and import a RHD
Already covered why this is unneccasary.

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
ya why.... pointless mod....waste of thosands of dallors and its still a US civic...
lol. Waste thousands of dollars on ANYTHING and there will ALWAYS be someone else with a better car talkin trash. Pointless mod? lol EVERYTHING on the heaviest, least receptive to bolt-ons, and slowest Civic of all is pointless when compared to any of the other years. Let a man have his fun. Thats why it's called a hobby.
Old 05-11-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
thats what everybody tells me, "why" its my hobby... i have nothing better to do then mod, it keeps my out of gangs and what not...haha... naw, jp , but really, it keeps my mind occupied.... eventually, if i can find a rhd i would love to do this in the future.... not for jdm purposes, but for aesthetics
Old 05-11-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
Working at Honda, we build JDM models of some cars sometimes, did like 25 MDX's last night, the chassis is a lot different as well, like the mounts and stuff for the steering wheel..there just might be a problem on the left side once everythings moved to the right..your gonna have to cut some metal..and weld..
after all the money, time, and effort, it just isnt worth it.

Driving on the right side, sure..it catches attention, but on our north american roads..it just makes things harder..

I like the idea, i just hope you dont feel like you've wasted your time money and effort once its been done.
Old 05-11-2005
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
See if you can get an EM2 or an ES1 front clip. Then you'll have all the parts you need to do your RHD conversion.

Local guy did that to his USDM DC2R. He got a RHD DB8 (4dr Integra) front clip imported and did the swap in a weekend with some buddies. He also did a JDM front end conversion on it since he had all the parts. It was posted on H-T, but I can't find it right now. He did a lot of work and it turned out really nice.
Old 05-11-2005
Premium Member

cool thanks. I assume there will be plenty of welding. If I could get a complete firewall I'd just plasma cut the old one out.
Old 05-11-2005
Premium Member

I KNOW this can be done!
Old 05-11-2005
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
You'll need either a front clip or a half-cut to be able to do that. See if you can get one of the new 2005 SiRs or whatever. The one with the K20 in it stock.
Old 05-11-2005
Registered!!

EM2typeflex is an unknown quantity at this point
blah

I dont give a fvck what anyone thinks of a RHD conversion drive being pointless or a waste of money. Thats the obvious its gonna cost alot of money. This thread was started to ask if anyone has done a rhd conversion or can assist with info on doing one.
Old 05-11-2005
Premium Member

^^^ cool thanks man.
Old 05-14-2005
Premium Member

bump for any new insightful info?....

lol
Old 05-16-2005
Registered!!

RonZ is an unknown quantity at this point
it's gonna be hard trying to make a left turn tho, expecially if you have a big truck on the opposite side waiting to turn... you know what I mean? post some pics if you do start ur project!

Quick Reply: Converting to Right Hand Drive