General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Converting to Right Hand Drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005
this has been an atl01 production..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atl01 will become famous soon enough
im bringing this back because i to am intrested in doing this. Has anyone found out any info on this? or been able to find a 2001 and up front clip from japan? I talked to a guy last night who did this on an interga and said the wireing was a nightmare.
Old 06-05-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
i dunno why it would be such a wiring nightmare
Old 06-05-2005
Registered!!

04civicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
ok it is neat my buddy did it to a 92 mazda mx6 i dont know how he did but he did it and the cool thing is it works
Old 06-06-2005

Originally Posted by booba5185
i dunno why it would be such a wiring nightmare
the guy i talked to said when the recived the front clip via freight, that all the wires were cut and had the be retraced to match up with the US ones, and that some of the wire had to be extended.
Old 06-06-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
I'd still do it. If you have a way to import the front clip let me know cuz I'd be willing to tackle it too.
Old 06-06-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
i see no point in doing it imo
Old 06-06-2005
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
theres always a point in it. I wanna go faster, i wanna be different, i want my car to look cool. who cares why he wants to do it. He just does. lol. Have you thought about trying to swap a DC5R right hand drive parts to it? humm just a thought. i did... and i know it can be done. just is a bitch to do
Old 06-06-2005
Registered!!

Bigfella is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello guys, am new so go steady with me. I have a right hand drive coupe. Came as standard as i am in the uk. So there is some about in the uk, but only trouble is in uk these are rare, most civics are like the picture posted previously, i have only seen about 4 coupes in the last two weeks.
Cant really understand point in doing it, it would devalue car and overtaking trucks would be difficult as you are on wrong side of car. You would need a steering rack for this conversion and what the hell is a clip?????????
Ours over here are named differently, mine is a 1.7 vtec coupe, we dont use EX, DX or anything like that, so no idea what you would call mine over there. Good website.
Old 06-06-2005
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
WAIT!!! I need you!! lol Yes all of that stuff is difficult but it makes it unique. Would you be willing to work with me to get a front clip (front half of the car. Usually cut from about 1-2 feet behind the firewall). I'd be willing to pay you for your time to help out a fellow 7thgener
Old 06-06-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
hey big fella you would be considered an ex here in the US and an Si in canada. welcome to the site.
Old 06-06-2005

Originally Posted by Rufus
I'd still do it. If you have a way to import the front clip let me know cuz I'd be willing to tackle it too.
Im just having trouble finding one
Old 06-06-2005

hey Bigfella we should just trade all the parts that are needed to do the conversion that way i can have RHD and you can have LHD, then well both be unique. that whats all about, and if people dont relize that than they need to go the the Minivan fourms.
Old 06-06-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
Originally Posted by RonZ
it's gonna be hard trying to make a left turn tho, expecially if you have a big truck on the opposite side waiting to turn... you know what I mean? post some pics if you do start ur project!
how many days have you been driving?
Old 06-06-2005
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about
try sell the civic and use the money to get a rhd evo 5 or skiline from the cayman islands
Old 06-07-2005
Premium Member

Geesh. Nobody is supportive of this... lol
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

Well i will try a few breakers yards (junk yards) but with the rarity of these over here i think you will be be lucky to find one at all, never mind one that has not been in a front end accident. If you could find one with the clip intact it would cost a fortune cos of how rare and newish they are, and the price for sending this to US would be hidiously expensive. And no i aint swapping to a Left hooker for you boys, i like sitting on the right. And thanks to the member that explained how my model is badged in US and Canada. I will e-mail junk yards but you will be lucky, bet it would be cheaper to buy parts from Honda for this conversion, or import a right hand drive, still cant wonder why though??? You guys are crazy.
Old 06-07-2005
Premium Member

lol. Let me know. I don't mind a front end wreck. All I need is the firewall and dash (with some steering linkage). If you spot one, my email is direct__products@hotmail.com.

Thanks a lot,

Dallis
Old 06-08-2005
Registered!!

Am i making you jealous Rufus??????
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0039.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	55264  
Old 06-08-2005
Premium Member

lol. Dude that is so baddass. HAHA Man that would be so cool.. I'm sure it sounds goofy always having it but that shi t makes me excited. lol So shift pattern is the same as are pedals right? I have kickpanels so I'm not worried about the hood release as it's hidden under the dash anyway. I will need new window switches from a RHD and I'mm have to run wires to the other side. Not really an issue. I'd like to get a firewall because we could simply cut out that one rather than cut holes for pedals and have to weld up where my pedals are now..

Last edited by Rufus; 06-08-2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

uk_surfy is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like a lot of work, but you seem to be dead set so go for it, bigfella's right they are pretty rare, apart from mine only ever seen 6 and 2 of those were saloons, and they're pretty much all driven by over 50's, thought ours was an LX?? coz its 1.7, maybe wrong.. oh well... lol
check this link it may help you source the parts..
Old 07-13-2005
Premium Member

I love that people keep reviving my thread. Eventually someone will come along and it will happen
Old 07-13-2005
Registered!!

E-mailed plenty of breakers yards and i only managed to find 2 coupes, and they are the old shape. If i ever crash mine Rufus you are first in line for it. And hello to the british member above.
Old 07-13-2005
Premium Member

Sweel if you want any USDM stuff let me know...
Old 07-13-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
teal hacth hott
Old 07-14-2005
Never Too Wide, Never Too Extreme

InOvAtStyL is on a distinguished road
Good luck with your project. I love to hear it when people try to be unconventional and try new things with the 7th gen. Just like I'm trying to create the widest 7th gen in exsistance, I'd love to see someone do a right hand drive coupe. I've toyed with the idea a few times, but scrapped it in the mean time for other plans. Good Luck!
Old 07-15-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
Props for being different. Who gives a **** what anyone thinks. If you have your heart set on doing this, and youve got the funds, I say do it. MAJOR props for being different. IMO, this is going to be soooo sick if you ever finish it. Im going to look all over to see if I can come up on something for you. Ill help you in your search to get this done. FINALLY, someone has their sights set on something other than lambo doors. lol.

You know whats funny.....I wonder how many people in other countries are trying tomake theirs LHD. lol.
Old 07-15-2005
Registered!!

Peasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to beholdPeasey is a splendid one to behold
Man I hope you get something out of this...try talking to some of the asian based members...i know there are few here in Thailand....maybe they can help you out....

hope you are left handed BTW
Old 07-15-2005
Premium Member

Yeah I've tried a few. So far the wrecked RHD cars are so rare it's tough to find...
Old 07-19-2005
Registered!!

uk_surfy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey bigfella wherebouts you based?? done any mods yet, having trouble sourcing parts over here as they're rare as ****.
Good luck Rufus, I'll keep an eye out if any pop up or rather into something he he!!
Old 07-19-2005
Registered!!

zen_master is on a distinguished road
imo...

it's useles....and it's dangerous.....unless u plan not to use it as a daily anymore...

it'll be harder for you to navigate on us road with right-hand-side driving.....

Quick Reply: Converting to Right Hand Drive