General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Anyone know if I can........ ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
0100010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know if I can........ ??

I am needing to locate a mouting point in my engine bay for my ANL fuse holder for my audio system. Pretty much the only place I can see is against the lower rear side of the stock resonator.

This is a pic of the resonator.

My ideal place to mount the fuse holder is inside my passenger side quater panel, but that space is being used by my HID ballast. So I want to know, fo those of you who have taken you stock resonator off, is there anything "important" inside the lower rear portion of it, that could be damaged by some 3/4" screws?

I"m going to figure this out for myself sometime tomorrow, cause I need to get my fuse holder installed, i was just curious if any of you guiys already knew this. It's just kind of a pain for me to get my resonator out, I have to pull off my strut bar first. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2002
Registered!!

Here's a pic of the resonator, and the location of where I would mount the fuse holder. Just imagine the purple area to be on the back side of the image.

Old 01-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah that is possible. no harm can be done with that,.. However you can "not" mount the ANL fuse and just use tie-wrap and attach it to any solid point.. wiring.. whatever. Mine's mountined on the side of mt Strut tower using 3M 2 sided tape (same ish they use to hold on most body kits these days) You have alot of options. If you're not competingbasically just make sure it's secured and won't bounce around. If you are competing. Then the Strut tower is about the most conveneient place to mount it. ...what Guage wire you running?

Mohawk
Old 01-19-2002
Registered!!

I'm running 4 gauge power/ground. I didn't even think about mounting to the strut bar. I'm going to pull the strut bar and the resonator off today, just to take a look, and get the wire through my firewall at least. Thanks Mohawk.
Old 01-19-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Just run your wire through the factory gormmet.. What i always do is cut up a clothes hanger just make it a straight 8" long wire.. Tape it to the 4ga wire like a **** poke through the grommet with the wire and pull it through from inside the car.. once the wire is as long as you want it.. just a wee bit of black silicone around the wire in the grommet.. selaed 4 life... Untill you want to take it out..then it's not fun at all lol

Cheers
Old 01-19-2002
Registered!!

Nor did I think about monting to the strut tower either. I already know where the wire will be run through the stock grommet, thanks for the tip on the coat hanger to pull it through.

I pulled out my resonator earlier, and attached the ANL fuse holder to the backside of it, right across from the strut tower. Could have used that instead I guess. I won't get around to running the power wire until I get the trunk closer to being complete though. Man, I wish I was on vacation now, so I could gut my whole interoir, sound deaden everything, and get all my wires run, and new speakers installed. That way i could dedicate myself to it, day, after day, until I'm done. It's pain doing a peice here, a part there. I just want to do it all at once.
Old 01-20-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
what happens if it bounces around a lil?