General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

NEON LIGHTS DONT FIT......

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CiViCsIkNeSs is an unknown quantity at this point
i need help !!!!

im tryin' to put my neon light inside my center vents ! Now, i got tha center console and all that off already and i went to put tha neon tube in and it wouldnt fit! i thought tha vents where a single tube but they are double ! it would fit if there wuz'nt that piece there! (tha hazard button) so what i need some advice on is if i should cut tha plastic and make tha vent path a single path so i can fit tha tube in ! would that affect tha way my air comes out ? ( if you guys dont understand what im talkin about, sorry! i tried explaining it tha best i can ! i wish i could take pictures and show them !)
Old 01-07-2002
Registered!!

BlueIce2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
man if i was you i wouldnt start to cut sh@! AN other thing you can try is the neon kit that is made for your headlights cause its just a little light and you can put one in each of your vents!!!!!! but its up to you
Old 01-07-2002
Registered!!

tsunamisplash is an unknown quantity at this point
what size neon did you purchase? an eight inch neon tube is ideal for the available space in the vent.

you WILL however need to crack open that lexan protective tube to get at the actual neon.. i'm not sure if you want to do this, but i did it and it works perfect. i'll post a pic soon enough. no real cutting needs to be done, but you will want toshove the tube done into where the vents fork out and then run the wire back up, out, and around. use some sort of black tape to tack the sucker down and your pretty much set. don't worry too much about the temperature, since there is alot of room for the neon to breath freely and since it almost lays flat, air travelling up through the vents will not be distracted.

if you need more help with this.. both toastyghosty and i have it done and working perfectly. have fun!
Old 01-07-2002
Registered!!

thanx !!! i just finished and it worked out perfect ! i remember seeing your post a while ago and remembered that you wrote to remove tha neon from tha tubing, so i did that ! i wuz hoping to go straight across my vents, but as we both know, they're forked ! so i just shoved it all tha way in and taped it down with some black tape! i brought tha wire down through tha bottom or tha 12v outlet (like tha crack in between tha ashtray piece and tha shifter console)! so everything worked out and i guess i ended up doin' jus like you tsunamisplash, but thanx for responding! (i tried to post pix but i dont know how !) but juss to let everyone know it looks sick !
o yea and it iz an eight inch neon !
Old 01-08-2002
Registered!!

tsunamisplash is an unknown quantity at this point
good s#it, man.. glad to hear everything worked out now if only other people had such good advice in here, eh? haha..
Old 01-08-2002
Registered!!

NBPCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Where did you buy it? I am looking for an 8 inch tube but can't find one. Also, where do you hook the wires too?
Old 01-08-2002
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
nice nice good job
yea i dont see why people keep bashing others
hell when i ask question i just ask them
and i dont want to hear people telling me to go search for them!
its a board! dangit!
Old 01-09-2002
Registered!!

I BOUGHT THA NEONS AT KRAGEN AUTO PARTS ! BUT THEY HAVE THEM ALL OVER THA PLACE...
I.E. KRAGEN, PEP BOYS, AUTO ZONE, ETC.
YEA IT KINDA BUGGS WHEN YOU POST SOMETHING TRYING TO GET ADVICE AND SOMEONE STARTS TALKIN' S**T ! BUT SOMETIMES ITS ALL IN FUN ! I GUESS ITS HOW YOU REPLY THAT MAKES IT SEEM LIKE A JOKE OR LIKE A SMART @$$ REMARK ! BUT ALL IN ALL I THINK EVERYONE IN THIS WEBSITE IZ THA S**T AND OUT FOR THA SAME GOAL...TO HAVE PIMP @$$ RIDEZ......
Old 01-09-2002
Registered!!

HEY NEORETROMAX, HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE ! IT LOOKS SOOOO TIGHT ! IT IS A CRAZY (ANDI THINK) CREATIVE IDEA BUT IT LOOKS PIMP WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING AND YOUR VENTS ARE GLOWIN' ! AS FOR THA WIRES, MINE STILL PLUG INTO THA CIGG. LIGHTER OUTLET (12V) I BROUGHT THA WIRE DOWN THROUGH THA SIDE OF THA CENTER CONSOLE AND... WELL ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN ! BUT IF YOU WERE TO DO IT YOU WILL KNOW WHERE TO PUT THA WIRES AND MAKE THEM NOT SHOW ! IT WUZ ALL VERY SIMPLE ! (OTHER THAN MY LIL' RUN IN WITH THA FORKED VENT) I GOTA PUT UP SOME PIX ! NOW MY MY INTERIOR IS ALL NEONED-OUT! ILL TRY TO GET A DIGI CAMERA AND TAKE SOME PIX!
Old 01-09-2002
BAD MON

Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
POST PICS
hahahaha
me wanna see
and prolly thief ur idea too
do it!!