General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Nitrous Q.(allready searched)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Nitrous Q.(allready searched)

How long does your average 10lb Bottle last you with a 50 shot of Nitrous?.. in total about 2 minutes of boost?....also.. How much youget billed to refill you bottle?..

Cheers
Mohawk
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
delacampos is an unknown quantity at this point
with the 50 shot, you can get about 10-12 full 1/4 mile runs. that includes the n2o you waste when you purge. it costs me $30 to refill.
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

emmagatorone is an unknown quantity at this point

<< with the 50 shot, you can get about 10-12 full 1/4 mile runs. that includes the n2o you waste when you purge. it costs me $30 to refill. >>

have you taken your car to the track? If so, what are your times?
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

no... i need a blow down tube and some other safety **** to be able to run it at the track. i can only guesstimate i'm running mid-high 14's with a 75 shot. low 14's high 13's aren't too far away. hmmmmm.... 13's. sounds good to me.
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

Swifty is an unknown quantity at this point

<< no... i need a blow down tube and some other safety **** to be able to run it at the track. i can only guesstimate i'm running mid-high 14's with a 75 shot. low 14's high 13's aren't too far away. hmmmmm.... 13's. sounds good to me. >>

if you are running mid-high 14's now what are you gonna do to shave 3/4 of a second?....thats a long time in the 1/4 mile seeing as you have allready pretty much maxed out the N20
Old 01-06-2002
Registered!!

01rallyeredex is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm thinking of getting some NOS, but not sure which setup is better. Wet or Dry? And what shot 50 or 75?
Old 01-07-2002
www.ImportFactor.Com

WhosYoDadday85 should not be trustedWhosYoDadday85 should not be trusted
01rallyeredex: I think for our cars we have to run a wet kit. The reason behind this is that dry kits require a fuel regulator which we don't have. Also, I think that the safest you would want to use for like a "every day car" would be a 50 shot. 75 can be done (I think BottleFed runs a 75) but you have to know what you're doin[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-07-2002
Registered!!

<<

<< no... i need a blow down tube and some other safety **** to be able to run it at the track. i can only guesstimate i'm running mid-high 14's with a 75 shot. low 14's high 13's aren't too far away. hmmmmm.... 13's. sounds good to me. >>

if you are running mid-high 14's now what are you gonna do to shave 3/4 of a second?....thats a long time in the 1/4 mile seeing as you have allready pretty much maxed out the N20
>>

clutch(already have but not installed)/flywheel combo and a nitrous mastermind. as it is, my clutch is pretty much shot. once my new clutch is installed along with the flywheel, i should see somewhat of an improvement in time. the mastermind will allow me to put the 100 shot jets in but not actually run a 100 shot. i'll start at a 75 shot and top out somewhere near 85 or so. in doing so, i'll probably pick up a MSD digital 6 too. this will enable me to retard the timing a couple of degrees when i spray such a large shot. new fuel pump will be needed also. if i fail to hit the times i want with these upgrades, rods/pistons and headwork will be done thus enabling me to run an even larger shot. i guess you could say i'm a bit optimistic. what do you think, honestly? can it be done?
Old 01-07-2002
Registered!!

Swifty is an unknown quantity at this point

<<

<<

>>

clutch(already have but not installed)/flywheel combo and a nitrous mastermind. as it is, my clutch is pretty much shot. once my new clutch is installed along with the flywheel, i should see somewhat of an improvement in time. the mastermind will allow me to put the 100 shot jets in but not actually run a 100 shot. i'll start at a 75 shot and top out somewhere near 85 or so. in doing so, i'll probably pick up a MSD digital 6 too. this will enable me to retard the timing a couple of degrees when i spray such a large shot. new fuel pump will be needed also. if i fail to hit the times i want with these upgrades, rods/pistons and headwork will be done thus enabling me to run an even larger shot. i guess you could say i'm a bit optimistic. what do you think, honestly? can it be done?
>>

Well anything can be done but as you get higher up in the HP of Nitrous, you are going to want to sleeve and O-ring the block, probably a girdle on the main bearing caps, a high performance oil pump, a high capacity oil pan, this is along with the pistons, rings, bearings, rods, a good metalic head gasket, larger intake and exhaust valves, heavy porting on the intake manifold, and Head, a good Nitrous cam....and as for the Digital 6 I'm thinking you are going to need 4 to go along with the 4 individual coil packs (correct me if i'm wrong), this is if you can get it to work with the 2K1 ignition application.....also a good high performance clutch will aid in getting the power to the ground, but don't go too light on the Flywheel, you still need some weight there and also when getting very light you run the risk of easily shattering the flywheel (and i've witnessed it first hand), so also a good idea here is a SFI approved scatter sheild or at leas a tranny blanket, just so you can keep your legs if the flywheel decides to launch itself through the bellhousing and the fire wall....also upgrading your CV shafts may be necessary to avoid breakage....and speaking of breakage the stock internals of the Transmission may not be able to hande the High Horse Power you are looking for......

Good Luck in your Quest for HP
Just my $0.02