General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Secondary O2 Sensor Wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
Secondary O2 Sensor Wiring Help

Hey whats up guys.
Ive got a dx and i did the whole EX exhaust conversion, and I had to re-weire my secondary O2 sensor. Anyways I got a cel and its because the wiring for the seconday sensor is off. Anyways im wondering if anyone know the guage of wire and the kind of wiring that I could use in order to fix the problem. The guys at honda told me that the voltage was over what the sensor should regularly be at. That doesnt make sense to me because i only extended the wires...so the source output should be the same right? I used thicker guage wires to extend them cuz I remember reading someones post about using higher guage to prevent a cel.
Anyways if anyone can help me out that would be great
thanks
Landin
Old 01-08-2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
i did the same thing and mies was fine... but now i dont have the cat in my exhaust anymore so its throwing the code "catalytic converter is inefficient"... but i used really thick guage speaker wire to do mines.. if anything just get an O2 simulator and stick it in there if your worried about the CEL so much... or just cover the light up
Old 03-24-2005
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
Bump...anyone got a link to an 02 sim and a diy of how to install?
Old 03-24-2005

liljoe is an unknown quantity at this point
hey dude, i have the same problem as you.
the code that it is throwing is for the heater wires. not sure why, not too worried about it. I was hoping to fix it this summer though. let me know if you figure anything out.
Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

03civicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
you should be using 14 gauge wire to be safe and you should also be trying to keep the O2 wireing as close to stock as possible although i know it is going to be obviously longer you need to keep the resistance close to the same because our O2's run based on resistance. So try keeping the wire as short as possible and use 14 or 12 gauge wire to make the extension, also make sure all the wires are wire properly of course. Well good luck. also if you want to do the 02 simulator try this site http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/oxy...sor_simulator/ they have all the part numbers at radio shack and everything
Old 03-24-2005
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Big Baller L
Bump...anyone got a link to an 02 sim and a diy of how to install?
I spoke with FaZe a MTL member who switched up his LX header .. not sure if its the same situation exactly, but I know he got himself an o2 sim as he tripped a CEL .. on msn he said to pm him as he can get one for cheap - FaZe's pm link

Hope it helps