General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Is there a recall for the door locks? Anyone know the steps to remove door actuator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Exclamation Is there a recall for the door locks? Anyone know the steps to remove door actuator?

After searching through hundreds of posts, I have noticed that myself and alot of other members on here have had a problem with either the driver side or passanger side door lock not working. Mine is on my driver side, the remote will only lock the passanger side and I have to use a key. I am still trying to figure what the problem might be. If I stick my head next to the driver door and use the switch to lock and unlock, sometimes I can hear buzzing like it wants to work, then I dont hear anything. I wish someone knew the problem or if someone has gotten theirs fixed, what was it. But I was wondering if there has been a recall for this. Someone let me know.

Last edited by streetglower; 06-20-2004 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-18-2004
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
i dont have keyless entry, but i do have power locks and mine have always worked fine for me.
Old 06-18-2004
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Well I have the keyless entry and cant use it because of my driver side door lock. I would take it to honda but they charge to look at it and then labor to fix it. I wish I knew the actual problem.
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicccc will become famous soon enoughCivicccc will become famous soon enough
damn. just yesterday me and a friend were coming out of a club, and he opened the door and the alarm went off. I was like wtf. If the alarm went off, that means that when I activated the alarm, both doors should of locked. I didn't think much of it, but now i have to see if that was a one time thing, or my door lock is f'ed up.
Old 06-19-2004
Retired Super Mod and STILL Pimpin' Yo Mama

Blk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to behold
Its the door lock actuator. You'll have to buy the entire assembly from what I'm told. My passenger side went out, a while ago.. Currently I'm dealing with it, but will get it fixed soon..
The part costs about $50 from the dealer..
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

I was quoted about $98 for the actuator from the dealer. What is the entire assembly? How do I get to the old actuator. When I pulled the door panel off, the lock has a wire going down, but leads off to the side of the door where I cant see. I am wondering how to get to it and maybe replace it.
Old 06-19-2004
Retired Super Mod and STILL Pimpin' Yo Mama

Blk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to beholdBlk4blk2K1 is a splendid one to behold
From what I was told the entire assemble must be replaced.. The price you were given may be accurate, I get Honda parts at cost which is why I was quoted $50 or so.
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

What does the entire assembly consist of. Also to get the actuator out, after removing the door panel, do you have to remove the metal frame? This is killing me here. I want to get this fixed.
Old 06-19-2004
Registered!!

I wish someone on here knew. I have no idea what to do here.
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

hawtboi is an unknown quantity at this point
check this site for good prices on OEM parts.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
Old 07-15-2004
Registered!!

I have already fixed my problem and posted a DIY on how to replace the actuaotr and locking assembly in the tech forum.