General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Cold cathode angel eyes

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
Cold cathode angel eyes

Ok... I've done multiple searches, and I came across sum peeps that talked about swapping out their old angel eyes and replaced them with the cold cathode rings from computer fans, prollem is tho, that I can't find any1 that has actually done it.... Well summer's here, and since I don't have school right now, I was hopin that sum1 had a lil DIY that explained how to do this.... I mean I think I got the basics... Use an 80 mm ring, but what I don't know how to do is mount it and run the wiring.... I haven't bougt the fans yet, but I'm hoping sum1 can give me sum info before I buy 2 fans that I will never be able to use.... If ya can help I would be most appreciative....

Thanx,

Jaymz....
Old 05-14-2004
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
That sounds interesting, where did you hear that from? I'm curious too...
Old 05-15-2004
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
There were a couple of people that recommended using the cold cathode rings in an angel eye repair. They said it would be brighter and should last longer.... I'm buying like 4 fans right now from ebay so I'll try things out when I get them.... BUt I don't know how to mount them on the new rings....

Do a search under cold cathode up on top. There will be like two threads talking about angel eyes... The suggestions are posted there...