General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Reprogram your ECU for only $900....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
Reprogram your ECU for only $900....

That's right - I found some great info. I've been researching solutions for the D17 ECU. The PGMFI forums got me thinking, and searching. Looking through my Helm manual, the newer honda ECU's can be reprogrammed through the OBDII port with the use of honda's programming tool (part no EQS05A35570).

After searching the net - this is what I came up with:

https://www.serviceexpress.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

Its a place that has a WEALTH of information regarding your car - everything you ever wanted to know (including the Helm Manual, etc). Its expensive - like $20 for 3 days, up to $500 a year. Its the only way that Honda will allow you to buy their specialty tools however. A quick search on the Helm site reveals that you can buy the programming device -

http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2...KTM449B69B47M3

Listed price, only $900 or so dollars.

Most of you probably don't care about this. However, reading a lot of the forums regarding hacking the ECU, it appears that there are a lot of folks besides hondata that don't seem to be having any luck. My guess is that hondata got their hands on one of these programming devices, and logged the data from the serial port during a ROM burn - whalla, ECU program. They probably than disected the code, and wrote their own front end interface (which isn't too hard if you can program).

I'm guessing this is how they did it, unless they licensed the code from Honda - which I highly doubt. I'd love to get my hands on one of these.....
Old 05-01-2004
I drive a jeep to compensate for my tiny pee pee

Blue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enoughBlue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enough
good info
Old 05-01-2004
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
interesting