General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

rsx seat install, version beta 1.0a...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
rsx seat install, version beta 1.0a...

i didn't get them restiched, i just tucked the sides in, no one notices, i dont' have the seats so they can fold down. i used the hondawerks as a example, but there is more to that than it says. the seats are 50/50 before and after you cut them, what you cut is the extra metal on the sides, you just leave the frame, and that is exaclty the size you want.

i believe that this job requires much work. first of all you know you how to first dremel that corner hole to make the front seats work. when you install the front seats first screw the rear bolts in, then the fronts second. when you do the fronts the front will not fits perfectly i used a pair of plyers to align the holes, by my self it took me 1 hours from the dremel to the finish.

The rear seats require alot more work. i used a grinder, which is a large dremel, you can use a dremel, but it will take foreeeeevvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

First i took off the leather from the seats. there are about 3 rows of little metal rings that you have to carefully take off on each seat and a row on the top. you have to bend these rings a little and carefully take them off, you will need these later. then take the foam off the frames of the seats.

you will need to cut the sheet metal off the sides of the frames. after that, you will just have the frame left that will fit perfectly, curve the sides so they are not sharp.

next thing that you do is cut the foam to fit the new seats. remember now the seats are going to be 50/50 instead of our 30/70 seats. so cut each side equally.

next you can either put the leather on the seat with out cutting it, which what i did. this will probly be one of the hardest parts since i don't sew and it will not really matter, you will not see the wholes on the top corners. i just put the leather on and i tucked in the sides of the seats in, which is the outer sides.

remeber to get those little rings and put them back on under the leather how they came out, this was the hardest part, once you put on one side, it will be easier and faster, i used 2 neddel nose plyers to bend the metal, maby it will be easier with one and something to grip the ring better.

now after the leather is back on you toss the seats back there. they will fit, hopefully. if you see my rear seats pictures in my members rides.that they fit in there perfectly.

to keep the seats in there i just cut a hole in the rear of each seat in the middle and put a zip tie as a loop in the seat, and another in the body. i will get a picture. and i have another zip to hold the two together, so in case you want to take the seats down easy. this will stop from tthe seat flying forward. i got the rsx seat brackets and everything, but it is just too wide, i would have to do extra stuff and it would not lock, so i just keep the seats in that position. wasted money when i could have spent 50 cents instead of 50 dollars
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samari is an unknown quantity at this point
how about i send you the seats and you do it....lol....

looks like a great job.
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

Civicly02 will become famous soon enoughCivicly02 will become famous soon enough
damn that is nice
Old 04-15-2004
Newbie Member

thomusvoo is on a distinguished road
good job (envy)
Old 04-15-2004
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough
very nice job. I wish I wouldnt have been screwed out of my seats....
Old 04-15-2004

i'll help people out... the fronts most people can easily do. but the rears are a bitch. i'll do it for you but i'll have to charge you a fee... it will be cheaper than wrapping them, and it will look nicer, the only thing is that you wont be able to fold them down. they will have to be in that position.
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

kikoman0 is an unknown quantity at this point
man i'm willing to pay you to do the rears. How much you want?
Old 05-02-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
bump...amazing job! This is what i want to do next, but im still kinda confused on why u had to cut **** and everything...was it just so you could fold them down or something?
Old 05-02-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
idk looks ghetto, theirs a gap up top, they dont fold down, and well u need to put ur seat belts thru the holes.... but idk i guess its the ghetto fab way of doing it.

riley

if anyone wants RSX REAR uppers lemme know i'll sell u mine... brand new off a 2003
Old 05-02-2004

yea its kinda ghetto but you will not see it, people fit fine back there and yea its ghetto, but thats just mee, i will help people do it... maby for a small charge...

i cut it so it can fit in there... im trying to get it to fold down but i will have to some modification to the rsx seat brackets