General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

removing spare tire?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
removing spare tire?

Okay guys, my civic is really weighed down with stuff and I wanted to remove the spare. I've decided this because it takes about 30 mins to unbolt all the audio stuff just to get to the tire. And I can always call a tow truck or something to fix my tire, right?

So I'm wondering if this will affect the aim of my headlights by making them not shine far enough. Any ideas? Has anyone done this? It's just that the tire is so heavy--maybe 30lbs and I'll probably never use it.
Old 03-07-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bickford05 is an unknown quantity at this point
no man it wont affect them lol

think about it like this... if someone sits in the back of your car that weighs 200 pounds and dosent affect it, a 30 pound spare wont.

I havent had mine in there for like a year... its kind of a pain in the *** when you need it tho, I had to wait like 90 mins to get it when i got hit my a truck, and my tire went flat.
Old 03-07-2004
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
I've got no spare, and I've had no problems. If I get a flat, it would suck to have 215/45/17 on 3 corners and a 14" donut on the third. I haven't ever put it on, but from just looking at it, it looks a lot smaller than what I'm running now.
Old 03-07-2004
Registered!!

ragencajun is an unknown quantity at this point
get rid of the spare and carry some fix a flat and some tar plugs for special cases. imp:
Old 03-07-2004
JDM-Jonathan David Martin- I own everybody

topnotch7gen is on a distinguished road
I havent had mine in my car forever. It wont effect anything.
Old 03-07-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Cool. Just took it out. Took me a half hour to take the lid off. Thanks guys for the advise.
Old 03-07-2004
Registered!!

bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
hahahahaha removing your spare tire will affect your headlight aim. but only by -.000000000000003 inches.

i took my spare out and did a amp floor install. i live inthe city now so if i blow a tire AAA will be my friend
Old 03-07-2004
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
If you have subs back there then it's gonna counter the weight of the spare. My dumbass mounted my spare tire underneath my car. Not a smart idea. . I'm gonna pull it off completely one day.
Old 03-07-2004
Registered!!

Hypnotik is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by pheaton
If you have subs back there then it's gonna counter the weight of the spare. My dumbass mounted my spare tire underneath my car. Not a smart idea. . I'm gonna pull it off completely one day.
lol, and judging by the pic in your sig, your car looks lowered a decent amount too.
Old 03-07-2004
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by ragencajun
get rid of the spare and carry some fix a flat and some tar plugs for special cases. imp:
Yea all the way fix a flat Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!! Can AAA put on a one size fits all spare tire ?
Old 03-07-2004
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
If removing a spare make sure to purchase a can of tire foam and have your AAA card rdy
Old 03-07-2004
Premium Member

I've got towing service, but no foam. Time to go shopping again...