General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

mounting RS/type A sideskirts

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
mounting RS/type A sideskirts

can someone pls tell me how to mount these skirts properly. the rear mounting point is driving me insane. some said that u need to drill in the well using a 5 inch screw. some said u need a 3cm self tapping screw and drill through the quarter panel flap tha folds into the well. some said they used all the hardware that came with the skirt.

mine dint come with any hardware.

pls use pics to show me properly.

someone pls help me cuz i dont wanna drill a hole in the wrong location.

i want a clean install.

everyone with RS/type A sideskirts please show me ur rear side skirt mounting point and where u screwed it in.

thanks u sooooooooo much.
Old 02-13-2004
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
cmon i know im not the only one having problems like this... why dont u guys share some info and help me and help a whole shitload of other people while ur at it. ull help future people too whoever decides to have the same problem as me.
Old 02-13-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
i think tojo (tan sedan) had these. not sure.

but i have a coupe and have the oem side skirts and rear lip.

for the sides: 2 screws on both sides. cant remember how long they are but my guess is around 1.5 inches in length. but BEFORE screwing anything in, id suggest u get another buddy becuz what u have todo is get sum double-side tape (3m) from kragen/autozone/your local auto supply and place the double side tape in-between the side of the car so it lines up properly. for the tape... i used 4 pieces total, 2-3 inches long a strip. oh btw, i didnt use 3m tape, instead i used double-side adhensive tape which was sticky foam tape. mine was required to take out the rear tires so theirs room to place the screw in the proper hole but no, instead me and donnel (who sold it to me) just made a new hold for the sides by the rear tires.

rear: on my oem rear lip, their were 4 screws too i believe. 2 on each side behind the rear tires. and same procedure as the sides with the tape and all that work.

but since u have a diff set of lips, i think it would be different becuz mine is all oem fit n more easy.

hope this helps u out.
Old 02-13-2004
putang inamo!!!

alloriginal is an unknown quantity at this point
i didn't really get the question, you said you want to know how to mount the rear part of the RS sideskirts? mine didn't come with any hardware. i just drilled a hole and screwed it in, their was suppose to be mounting brackets with the sideskirts but i didn't use it. you don't really need it unless your always scrapping. hope this helped =)
Old 02-13-2004
Registered!!

where did u guys drill it in the wheel well? was it on the quarter panel edge that flaps over the well or was in the well itself?
Old 02-13-2004
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
hmm, dunno what you are talkin about their but ill show u a pic(s) of mine when i install my coilovers. thats around next week... but dont rely or count on me.

be more specific. =\
Old 02-14-2004
putang inamo!!!

Fit the RS sideskirts left OR right, straighten it out and you should be able to see where you're rear sideskirt should be drilled in. You're sideskirts should have pre-drilled holes on the rear, some don't. If not then check out JDMCIVIC or 2002EM or PecX's pictures in the members rides.
Old 02-14-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by alloriginal
Fit the RS sideskirts left OR right, straighten it out and you should be able to see where you're rear sideskirt should be drilled in. You're sideskirts should have pre-drilled holes on the rear, some don't. If not then check out JDMCIVIC or 2002EM or PecX's pictures in the members rides.
^ dumbass... get the hell out of my thread u herb!

Last edited by Alex1; 02-14-2004 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2004
putang inamo!!!

you're very welcome you ***, be more specific when you ask things. im not even gonna argue over online with you...
Old 02-14-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by alloriginal
you're very welcome you ***, be more specific when you ask things. im not even gonna argue over online with you...
^ stop whining and get the hell out herb

and by the way, "i did not thank ur dumbass"