General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

VAFC II problem has been solved!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
I dunno what to tell ya. It works for me.
Old 12-20-2003
Registered!!

triryche is an unknown quantity at this point
I believe that fly its treating us teasing and I am sure almost that it doesnt even work. That's why it doesnt mention us who are his setting for the VAFCII
Old 12-20-2003

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
Originally posted by triryche
I believe that fly its treating us teasing and I am sure almost that it doesnt even work. That's why it doesnt mention us who are his setting for the VAFCII
oh no, i've been found out!
Old 12-20-2003
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by triryche

Oh my god!!! Grow up!!! If you want the VAFC II settings, go and dyno tune...If not,, don't bother the people that have it tuned....I didn't tune my car to share the results with everyone...I'm sorry to sound like an ***, but it costed me over $200 to tune....Every car and part has specific results when tuned...Just have it tuned and quit crying
Old 12-20-2003
Currently boosted at 0 psi.

ThsUserNmIsDumb is on a distinguished road
Stop mooching, people.
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

Thumbs down

I believe that the only one that was crying here is only you because you pay $200 dollars for a dyno when I only pay $90 dollars in my country P.R.

stop crying man. I supposed that you don't have a B-2 or Concord.

who want's my settings?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Visit my Ride to..............
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

Ummmm, yeah, ok...
Old 12-22-2003
Registered!!

navyedoc is an unknown quantity at this point
hey does anyone know about the fields vtec controller???? i am about to put that on my girls civic tomarrow. just use the diode or what???? will it work.
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

first of all, you have the VAFC I or II?
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

field vtec controller
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

Only the VAFC II is the only one that works in our cars as cwick187 says.
I have the first one and I only set my fuel/air.
Old 12-23-2003
Registered!!

well mine works fine. i had to put a diode on the vtec output wire.
Old 12-29-2003
K20 Member

ImportRacer2123 is an unknown quantity at this point
mine works like ****. I am going to have a guy i know who has installed many V-AFC controllers look at mine and if he doesn't get it then im going up to portland to pay someone to professionally do it. I'm sick of this bullshit 4,000 Rev limiter as soon as I hit VTEC a couple times.. the only way i have found to go get rid of it for a little is to shut off the car and restart it. I guess it is resetting the ECU. I would really appreciate if someone that fixed the very same problem i am having would PM and help me out.. Like maybe tell me where they connected everything and if they soldered it or not.
Old 12-29-2003
Registered!!

slowciv is an unknown quantity at this point
red02 did the wiring right and soldered and it still screws up at 4 grand. we have tried everything we can think of and it still messes up in the end. i had the vafc 1 and it seemed better then the second. just because after the car was warm i would have no probs and his after driving it hard will get knocked back down to 4 grand.. he is takin it in to a shop that says can fix it so we will see tom
Old 12-29-2003
Registered!!

I really don't know what to tell you guys that have the VAFC II and still having problems...I just followed the instructions and the H8 diagram and I have not had one problem yet...I'm not the only person here that has the new VAFC II installed correctlly so they will tell you the same thing...As for the VAFC I with the diode fix, it will work until it gets a certain temp outside...As soon as it started to get cold, my cel would come on and I wouldn't be able to shift past 4000rpm....If you search there is tons of info on the VAFC I
Old 12-29-2003
Registered!!

red02 is an unknown quantity at this point
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... i wanna shot myself ( import racer me too) maybe vtec has to be set really close to stock like 2000 - 3000 just a thought . but it sure feels strong when set at 5200 ...for the 10 seconds it works.
Old 12-29-2003
K20 Member

lucky for you a performance shop is closer than 300 miles for you... I have to drive 300 miles to get mine fixed. I don't think i understand what you mean by 2000-3000? i would never set my VTEC that low.
Old 12-29-2003
K20 Member

if fly or cwick187 would do a install DIY that might help me and others. if they had the time
Old 12-29-2003
Registered!!

i dont know for a fact import racer, but when in the initial setup mode the stock vtec reference reads that it engages around 3200 rpms. anyone know what stock is ? maybe the few of us who are having the 4000 thing have to syncronize set vtec with stock... im in denial right now i just got back from the shop and no luck so i disconected battery and set it at 5200 no cel, i redlined every gear, stoped, went home turned off the car off, restarted and no cel, then i reved it to 7k and let it run for 5 min and no cel. so im happy now and i will be able to sleep, but im afraid to drive it. ( yeah i have a vafc too, it looks really nice in my car but i cant drive it)
Old 12-29-2003

Originally posted by ImportRacer2123
if fly or cwick187 would do a install DIY that might help me and others. if they had the time
It's called reading the manual. The think tells you flat out what to do.
Old 12-29-2003
Registered!!

yeah fly your right it does tell you step by step, if you can put a stereo in this is a snap .... thats my problem i cant figure out whats wrong, neither could the shop i went to today, although i only trust this site when it comes to advice since everyone with a b series is narrow minded about the d 17
Old 12-29-2003
Registered!!

i have had good help there but they were just as stumped as all of us. said the wiring was exactly as the h8 terminal drawing ilustrates.
Old 12-31-2003
Registered!!

ok so i have some interesting news for everyone sharing my headache. on new years eve eve, yesterday i went around town looking for info. first i went to the library to look for a 2002 mitchells honda manuel or a chiltons or somthing, because(if this is old you can stop reading, but for peeps who dont have car parts laid out across the garage every weekend keep going) cont...apexi said that for all US spec hondas the vtm signal wire must be hooked up, or you will drive around for a bit and the cel will come on. describing exactly my problem. The H8 diagram only pin points the wires you need to know about to install the vafc so how am i supposed to know which wire the vtm signal one is? (because its not in the diagram, hehe) i went to honda and any one person on this site is smarter than that dealership. thanks to my loyal friend the search button i typed in ( vtm signal wire diagram ) and what do ya know! i pulled up a diy on the first model fix and found a diagram showing the vtm sig wire hooked it up and no problems going to the dyno next week. fly and cwick whatever you did, obviously its right, unless you have this hooked up already, but im pretty sure i read these forums 67 times or so. try this import racer i think thats your problem too from the way it sounds. mad props to who ever found out in the first place which wire that was.
Old 12-31-2003
Registered!!

which leads me to my next question will simply doing this solve the 4000 cut off on the vafc 1? or do you need diodes on the input output for vtec? slowciv has model 1 and there is no sense in wasting time to sell it and more money if it works?
Old 12-31-2003
Registered!!

sorry for hording the forum :-BS:
Old 12-31-2003

Originally posted by red02
ok so i have some interesting news for everyone sharing my headache. on new years eve eve, yesterday i went around town looking for info. first i went to the library to look for a 2002 mitchells honda manuel or a chiltons or somthing, because(if this is old you can stop reading, but for peeps who dont have car parts laid out across the garage every weekend keep going) cont...apexi said that for all US spec hondas the vtm signal wire must be hooked up, or you will drive around for a bit and the cel will come on. describing exactly my problem. The H8 diagram only pin points the wires you need to know about to install the vafc so how am i supposed to know which wire the vtm signal one is? (because its not in the diagram, hehe) i went to honda and any one person on this site is smarter than that dealership. thanks to my loyal friend the search button i typed in ( vtm signal wire diagram ) and what do ya know! i pulled up a diy on the first model fix and found a diagram showing the vtm sig wire hooked it up and no problems going to the dyno next week. fly and cwick whatever you did, obviously its right, unless you have this hooked up already, but im pretty sure i read these forums 67 times or so. try this import racer i think thats your problem too from the way it sounds. mad props to who ever found out in the first place which wire that was.
So you got it to work now? cool beans.
Old 12-31-2003
Registered!!

yeah no cel... freeway racin like a mo fuger yesterday. where did you set vtec fly? when at 5200 it pulls hard once engaged but it takes so long to climb to it , in like third gear anyway. i guess thats where tuning comes in huh. i heard that the car is actually to rich stock and is leaned out a little when tuned
Old 12-31-2003
Registered!!

Yeah, sorry about that...I remeber that I had to hook up the VTM wire, but I had the old VAFC ECU diagram so I didn't run into that problem at all. I'm glad you got it work!!!
Old 12-31-2003

I don't think I used my VTM wire? Where is it located. I'll have to check. I can't remember anymore.
Old 12-31-2003
Registered!!

slowciv is an unknown quantity at this point
it works great now!!

Quick Reply: VAFC II problem has been solved!!!!