General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

All of the sudden...my CEL turns OFF!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
Question All of the sudden...my CEL turns OFF!!

Wsup my peepz....so i have had the Top Speed header/high flow cat on for abuot 4 months now...and my CEL has been on for like 3 months....so i'm driving to the store, and low and behold when i look at my odometer i'm noticing that the CEL has turned off....turned OFF! now this is a good thing, but all i'm wondering is why it went off and if and when it might come back on...i do have a stereo system in my car, but that doesn't have a damn thing to do wit it...just for your info. Any comments? Questions? I need some solution or something.... imp:
Old 11-28-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
That's really strange. Maybe the ECU adjusted finally?
Old 11-28-2003
Registered!!

cwick187 is an unknown quantity at this point
it will eventually come back on...when i first installed my hp header, my cel did the same thing. it's easier just to get an o2 simulator if it aggravates you like it did me
Old 11-29-2003
Registered!!

JDQuikCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm guessing your check engine light burnt out, Thats what happened to my srs light when I put my steering wheel on. Does it come on when you start the car?
Old 12-02-2003
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute
ahh...after like 3 days it kicked back on...friggin sucks...and my srs light has been on for years..haha...i've been a lazy *** and haven't did the DIY yet...oh well...
Old 12-03-2003
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
I just put a highflow cat on and it took 3 days for my check engine light to come on. Although this was expected, does anyone know the real reason why the check engine light turns on?
Old 12-03-2003
Registered!!

nynezilla is an unknown quantity at this point
it comes on every once in a while for no reason just to let the driver know to change the oil, even right after a oil change. it's pretty useless, but i know how to get rid of it. you put the key in the ignition(without turning it ), hold down the tach button for 10 seconds, then turn on the ignition(while still holding the button down for 5 more seconds, then you let go of the button. the light should then go away for a while.
Old 12-04-2003
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by nynezilla
it comes on every once in a while for no reason just to let the driver know to change the oil, even right after a oil change. it's pretty useless, but i know how to get rid of it. you put the key in the ignition(without turning it ), hold down the tach button for 10 seconds, then turn on the ignition(while still holding the button down for 5 more seconds, then you let go of the button. the light should then go away for a while.
rofl thats the wrong light noob thats the service engine light
its completely different... dont worry we wont make fun of you...................for too long
Old 12-04-2003
SuperMODrizd
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

C2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond reputeC2i0v0i1C has a reputation beyond repute
as long as u have some sort of difference in exhaust gas cleanliness from o2 sensor 1 and o2 sensor 2 it shouldnt come on, it usually comes on bc the 2nd o2 is reading the same if not worse than the first one, i dont have a cat and i have both sensors in, i dont get a CEL bc of that, the only light i have is turbo related
Old 12-04-2003
Jeremy's Iron

CivicRookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Whenever I was taking off my neons, I was sorta pulling on the 02 sensor on the cat because there was a wire zip-tied to it, and the engine light ended up coming on. After a day or two it went off, though.