General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

anyone want to help on a diy project with rear seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03civicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone want to help on a diy project with rear seat?

Im trying to develop a "quick disconnect" for my rear seat, im wondering if anyone ever done this or if they want to work with me to figure out a way to do it, Im sure you have all been to the track and dont want that extra weight in there but you still have to drive 3 or 4 of your friends home and its a pain to bolt the seats in and out, so i thought there might be a faster way to set it up so you can just pop them in and out. I havent actually taken mine out yet i wanted to ask and see if its been done with the quick disconnect and im trying to develope a set of quick disconnect weight reduction anyone want to contribute your 2cents please do thanks
Old 10-24-2003
Ricerus Maximus

clownprince will become famous soon enoughclownprince will become famous soon enough
1. Don't tighten the 10mm bolt holding down the bottom portion of the seat. The clips holding it are strong enough to withstand a crash. For the backs of the seats, just put a spring bar (kinda like a toilet paper roll holder but much smaller and metal) in them to hinge them together. with the seat backs in the upright position they will be stable from the clips holding them up. It's safe enough. That's probablyabout as much quickness as you are going to get. Other than that you can just make friends sit on the bench not bolted down with a piece of cut plywood for a seatback.
Old 10-24-2003
Registered!!

03civicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
hahaha yeah i could do that with my friends but i like the other idea you had. It seems like a really quick way to get them in and out 5 mins maybe good idea thanks