General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

body kit issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DizWikedCivic is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Snort2001
hahaha. vegas is coo so far. met some 7thgen ppl...theres a lot of modified 7thgens down here! i was surprised. haha..how's it back in norcal?
haha nor cal the **** mang, to bad u cant come to our bbq tech day, there gonna be zell chicken there , by the way anthony your car sux
Old 08-30-2003
Registered!!

Snort2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DizWikedCivic
haha nor cal the **** mang, to bad u cant come to our bbq tech day, there gonna be zell chicken there , by the way anthony your car sux
noOOOooOOOoooO!!!! not zell's chicken!!!! darn!! oh well...haha..sux for me!!! hey, lets not get off the subject for this thread, lol.

zell's chicken
Old 08-31-2003
Registered!!

Snort2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
OMFG! after i got home today...i opened my door...and the side skirt got in the way again. i push a lil harder like i usually do but this time the side skirt didn't let go!!!! and when i squeezed outside to check...i noticed taht it ****ing ripped!!! the polyurethane skirt actually ripped...i can't believe it...
Old 09-01-2003
Registered!!

obzerv is an unknown quantity at this point
oh ****, it actually ripped...hmm..try n get a shop to just get it molded on the car.
Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

djkidkaz is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the same kit and the same problem. Has anyone come up wiht anything yet? When I took it back to the shop that installed it, they said that if you put screws in there, they will rust really quick and that it could cause a problem. Im not exactly sure what problem this could cause besides looking ugly, but it beats having to push down on my kit each time I want to enter or exit the vehicle. And by the way, I have the same kit. When its warm, I have no problem, when its cold or raining, its a real pain. I think in winter I wont even be able to get in or out. LOL! I think Im just gonna drill screws into it.
Old 09-05-2003

horatio is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe you dont have to screw it.....drill a hole and pop rivit that bastard
Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

my2k1vic is an unknown quantity at this point
it might have to do somthing with the type of urethane kaminari uses. i would contact them tell them about it. seems to me there is a defect with the urethane or the something the shop did (grand auto isn't the best body shop out there).
Old 09-05-2003
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
heres what there doing to my xenon side skirts. i tried 3m tape and i redid it twice and they still fall off because of the rain and crap. anyways... it'll cost me 40 bucks to get my side skirts put on but it'll be worth it i think so i dont have to worry about them falling off. theres no screws underneath them or anything, just on the sides. there gonna use some "heavy duty body side molding tape" which is the tape they put the body side molding on with and they said they've done it several times and its worked and no problems. so next week im getting it done.

by the way, 150 paint and 100 install for a "full" rear bumper replacement. good deal u think? i tried installing the rear bumper but it was not working, theres urethane in the places there shouldn't be, so did not fit that well.