Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Advice on the Body kits? [Detailed]

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SugarRay is an unknown quantity at this point
Advice on the Body kits? [Detailed]

Hey,

I want a body kit for my car, but I haven't seen a complete package that I have totally liked.

Example : I like the Xenon Front (hate the sides), but I like Kamanari sides but don't like the front.

Question on this part is, if I mix and match and have it all installed at once, will it match or will it look different (funny) because I mix-and matched it?

Also, what is an estimate for a body shop to install and paint the body kit to match my car ? Its a dark color Blue EX if that matters.

I also plan on buying the Z3 fenders and adding those on with the kit for the installation and all that good stuff.

So basically with body kit (seperates) front, side, rear and instal/paint how much am I expecting to be dropping?

Thanks
Ray
Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
It shouldnt look too bad, there are quite a few people on this site that have different combinations of body kit panels, sides and bumpers, and they look just fine, it also helps give your car a unique look.

Just my 0.02 cents

Crashoveride
Old 12-17-2001
Premium Member

Bartkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Good idea to get them all painted with the same batch of paint at the same time. Price depends on the shop, but shouldn cost in the $500 to $1000 range for paint and installation.
Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boosted is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO: I think that it will look fine.... I have the total Xenon kit and put my
side skirts on reverse to gie it a different look. In all in and all, I think that
it looks better. I also have the Z3 fenders!! They are great. Opps, sorry about that,
I got off on a tangent. Basically, it is a matter of personal preference on what you
want you car to look like. Just try to imagine what it would look like with the differ componets
on it and se if it is going to match the personality that you want for you car.... When you find
the right combo, you will know it!!! That is what I did. Check out my ride, maybe it will help you
in your quest to mods land.. I hope that this may help in some way.

TKS
Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

Elusiv1 is an unknown quantity at this point
It should look right if the lines of the kit go with each other...you catch my drift? I have the BC fron and im going to get BC side and Octane rear. But in all it shouldnt get that expensive...$1000 at the most from a mix and match kit all the way to paint and install. If you want i know a shop that does mix and match kits all the time for under 500 most of the times.....www.importtrenz.com