General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Starter Swtich Help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
obtix is an unknown quantity at this point
Starter Swtich Help ASAP!

Ok, I'm trying to install my Euro Type R Starter Switch (the S2000 Racing one) I lost my instructions - I want to make sure the relay is right - Does anyone have these intructions?! I need them ASAP!
Old 08-22-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
when i built my remote start, i used the directions in the DIY section.

theres no reason to have four separate switches for each ignition, all you need is one toggle switch and yrou pushbutton start.

insert key (unless you bypass the transponder) flick toggle switch, simultaneously activating ig1, ig2, etc,

then hit the starter, and teh car starts up.

check otu the DIY section, its very complete, including wiring colors, relay wiring, and wire locations.

good luck!
Old 08-23-2003
Registered!!

texasric3r is an unknown quantity at this point
I did exactly the same thing whiterabbit did on my starter setup and also found everything I needed to know in the DIY section.
Old 08-23-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

Yeah, but I just want the button no toggle switch I have the switch and everything - I just lost in inscructions!
Old 08-24-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
alright obtix, in that case, check it out.

find the ignition wire. location and color is located in the DIY. sever it, and youll notice yrou car wont start with the key. ignition turns on, AC works, everything, no start.

then you use that switch to fire a standard automotive relay, the instructions are also in the DIY. the gist of it is you hook positive to one side of the "coil" of the ralay, negative to the other, with the switch inline somewhere, doesnt matter where. when you do this right, you will hear an audible and tactile *click* from the relay every time you hit the starter button.

then you simply tap into yoru positive constant wire, its color and location are also in the DIY, you hook that to one side of teh switch, and the other side ot the switch to your severed ignition. the center spade terminal on the relay (there are five, one in the center) you leave unconnected to anything.

hooked up like this, you key in normally, insert and turn the kay normally, but the starter wont work. you cna leave the key in position 2, just like it remains in before and after starting the car, but to *really* start teh car, you have to push the starter button.

im not sure if starts will be slightly weaker, which might be the case, you are runnign all yrou accessories while trying ot start the car, but i dont know abotu texas ricer, but ive had no problems with my own remote starter.

good luck!
Old 08-24-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

Thank you, its already done... I now have a starter button right below my ignition stick the key in and hit the button all in one motion i like it