General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Removing the front grill.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
biohazard is an unknown quantity at this point
Question:
They sell the altezza grill that gets inserted in the upper part.
But they sell rolls/sheets of mesh that can be cut to fit and wired into place.
Anyone have opinions on these?
I wanted to get coverings for both upper and lower, but I also have OEM foglights on the bottom, so I was concerned about covering them(or putting the mesh in between).
Also does anyone think it would look bad if I had the altezza grill, but the mesh on the bottom part?
Would the cut mesh start scratching the inside of the areas?

Questions, questions, questions. Sorry, but I'm really interested.
I want to only take off my bumper once, so I was thinking about installing fog lights, clearing my headlights, and adding the grill/mesh all in one day. Sounds more convenient, right?
Old 08-23-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
My friend's truck had a lower grill put in and it eventually cut into his compressor. With our cars, I think you need the OEM grill to hold the fog lights in place. I think the mesh looks really bad on a stock bumper. Just get the upper grill and a lip kit or new bumper.
Old 08-23-2003
Registered!!

biohazard is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought that the mesh in between the two fog lights on a stock bumper would look good, and keep the inside edges (where the fog light removal screws are) covered and be a partial theft deterrant.

Why do you all think? Does anyone by chance have their car that way?

I was also thinking about getting a lip kit, so that I don't get rid of my stock bumper and have it laying around. Also, I don't see any pics of people with new bumpers that have OEM foglights in them. I don't think they'd fit, would they?

Also, what about the idea of an altezza top with mesh lowers (covering the foglights, or placed between them?)
Old 08-24-2003
Registered!!

Neptune is an unknown quantity at this point
how much does a lip kit cost? where do you get it from. are you talking about the oem one from honda? and wouldnt that be expesive?
anyway, i order the altezza gril;l from tornacvtive for my coupe, am i gonig to run into that radiator problelm or is that only if you get the rs grill. also what did you atach you grill with. thankyou.
Old 08-24-2003
Registered!!

azure is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Neptune
how much does a lip kit cost? where do you get it from. are you talking about the oem one from honda? and wouldnt that be expesive?
You can check out www.hondawerx.com for the OEM and Aero kit. Talk to Greg [MugenRacerX].