General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

automatic transmission shift point changeer thing

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skarteez is an unknown quantity at this point
Question automatic transmission shift point changeer thing

is there such a thing? my parents have an 03 accord ex v6 sedan and the shiftpoints are really low (2-3k rpm) since its a economy car. i know the shift points on an auto will be higher if you floor it, but is there a way to manually adjust the shiftpoints so that it shifts (for a civic) at redline instead of like 3k rpm when not flooring it? thanks

Last edited by skarteez; 07-28-2003 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-28-2003
Registered!!

SeThisBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
i know u can buy updated transmission module for autos to shift higher but i dont know if they came out with one or have on for a 03 accord.....ask the dealer
Old 07-28-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
um... just press the pedal a little harder. It's gotta work like any other auto tranny. The farther you push it in, the higher it's gonna shift. There's a range between 3K and redline shifting in the pedal travel, use it.
Old 07-28-2003
Registered!!

yeah boilmaker i know that, thanks for the clairification. but is there a thing that can adjust so it shifts higher without pressing it further down? like a gradual acceleration but shifts at redline?

my friend has an integra (auto) and when he floors it, it doesnt always shift at redline, like maybe 4k or 5k rpm. the only way for him to shift at redline constantly is to shift to 1, then 2, then D3, then D4. id do that with my civic, but it only goes down to 2, then D3, and i dont wanna break my auto tranny.

in simple terms: is there a shiftpoint changer for auto civic (2003) that could do the job of shifting at redline (for example) without a hard push of the gas pedal.

Last edited by skarteez; 07-28-2003 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2003
Registered!!

mos_skeeto is an unknown quantity at this point
Im just wondering if theres a real advantage to redlining with small gas applied. Wouldn't that just waste gas (and if you wanted to go fast you would just floor it). Sorry if that sounded sarcastic but thats what I'm thinking.
Old 07-29-2003
Registered!!

yeah i know, the only reason i would want it (gradual gas with redline shift) is the sound of the engine without going fast. kidna wierd, but i love engine sounds.

its probably a disadvantage with the wasted gas like you said. i totally agree.
Old 07-29-2003
dKj
Registered!!

dKj is an unknown quantity at this point
there was sumone advertising a torque converter for our car, and i think its supposed to raise the shiftpoint i think, but i dont kno how much. also if ir emember corectly, ur car would idle at 2700 rpm
Old 07-29-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
The torque converter wont raise the idle, but the stall speed instead. The only aftermarket device Ive seen that will change shift points are made for domestic cars. The company that makes one is Hypertech...
Old 07-29-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Oh just forget it. It's a hopeless waste. Do whatever you're gonna do.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 07-29-2003 at 12:51 PM.