General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003
*BoY*CaR* *GiRL*DRivER*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fine02civicgurl is an unknown quantity at this point
cold air intake

i want to get cold air intake... i dont know much about them.. but i've heard aem is the best name brand.. i dont want to pay $200 for it when they have another kind on ebay for $30 or so. what would be the difference? is the $30 ok to get? or will it fall apart?
Old 07-07-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
There is no major difference, even though others will argue that there is.

Cold air intakes are all just metal poles with a filter on the end. Either way you are mostly paying for the name instead of the actual function of the intake.
Old 07-07-2003
Forum Sponsor

NeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz ErthangNeonImpact Ownz Erthang
Originally posted by FlyRiceRacer02
There is no major difference, even though others will argue that there is.

Cold air intakes are all just metal poles with a filter on the end. Either way you are mostly paying for the name instead of the actual function of the intake.

Fly is right...

But i cant really say anything but im happy for what i payed for my AEM.

Just remember, you get what you pay for.....

Got a link to the one on ebay your looking at?
Old 07-07-2003
Banned

sexcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
some people would rather pay for the name than the function

i used to have the generic intake from ebay (Cost around 50 bucks), got it, i didn't like popping my hood for no one, so I got an Injen CAI, and happy with it... injen is hotter as well
Old 07-07-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
They're all just a filter on a stick, but theres something to be said for having something shiny there rather than grey plastic when you pop the hood. Thats really what makes people buy the name.
Old 07-07-2003
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
hrrm...I would agree that they all have the same function and probably all work for the most part but there is something to be said for all the generics that #1) Don't fit right and #2) use **** *** metal. I could be bias but I don't like putting crap on my car...At least AEM and Ingen had some dyno results to aid in my decision...I got the AEM and I love it.
Old 07-07-2003
Registered!!

SiVeloz is an unknown quantity at this point
The big difference would be quality. I first got a Generic off Ebay for about 6 months and it was preaty crapy. Then i got an Injen! As for what they do there all the same, as for quality you have to go with the name brands
Old 07-07-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
also ebay ones doesnt come with k&n filters,