Recommended shops

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RedBull is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Recommended shops

I remember talking about how this subforum would be a nice way for everyone to find local shops to get specific work done because sometimes it's hard to find trustworthy people to work on your car. I.E. where, what they do best, and personal experiences. I have a few i can start out with:

Double D (Brownstown + Leola): they do regular type of work, good people, i know some that work there and the owner, but most importantly they are the ONLY ones who correctly balanced my wheels after having 5 different places doing it.

AutoRageous (Lancaster City): they do tinting, alarms, stereo stuff... pretty much anything custom-wise other than major engine work. But the guys are very smart and helpful. They removed my "illegal" limo tint at half price.

The Muffman (Lancaster, connected to AutoRageous): i consider this guy to be the only guy i wanna have work on my exhaust. He's got like 40 experience, will get you the best price, maybe even free shipping and or installation. I got both from him cause he is also a Marine veteran. He can get pretty much anything you want, he may have to make a phone call, i highly recommend if you have a Magnaflow exhaust cause he's the largest certified dealer and installer around and he honors the warrenty. He will readjust your exhaust for free too.

Race Krafters (Lancaster City): the guys here work on domestic race cars, drag cars, etc. They are the ones who fixed my messed up Augusta Customs headswap. They didn't get scared by the job when i talked with them about it... they understood, and even knew the Apexi VAFCII already. They called me alot just to ask stuff and let me know how things were coming along, etc. They have excellent guys working there. They can do pretty much any engine work you need done and more. They are alittle costly from what people say... but i recommend them highly as an option to check out.

I know acouple people and shops who can paint, mold bodykits, upholstery, and do other stuff... but don't think it's worth putting them up.

If you are looking for someone or somewhere to get some work done... feel free to pm me and i'll look and ask around.
Old 06-06-2006
the heart can see::what the eyes cannot
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Pittsburgh Area:

Safe & Sound Mobile Electronics (North Hills): Great place to buy car audio equipment, tho a little pricey sometimes. They are an authorized Alpine retailer so they always have new Alpine stuff...and they can some how manage to get pretty much anything shipped to them ASAP. They also sell wheels, especially big expensive things. Unfortunately, they only install what is purchased through them. I had my Viper alarm/automatic start installed here and they did great work

Total Image (Robinson/Crafton area): They do a wide variety of work from audio installs to suspension. They also can special order tires/wheels and most tuner parts. Nice shop with a good reputation

Mt. Nebo Auto Body
- general auto body/garage. Not too pricey but they do good work.

**i'll add some more later, i'm tired lol
Old 12-10-2007
Registered!!

luxury1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Recommended shops

[QUOTE=skyblue;3899667]Pittsburgh Area:

Safe & Sound Mobile Electronics (North Hills): /QUOTE]

NEVER use Safe and Sound Mobile Electronics. This guy (James) is SO sleazy. I had him do a couple of things for me a while ago and he ripped me off BIG time, had my car for 8 hours (the job took 1-2 at most) and he screwed it up requiring me to bring it back and leave it for another 8 hours. There are much better places to go and you will save a fortune, be treated better and it will be a lot less hassel.

Total image is good though.

Last edited by luxury1; 12-10-2007 at 11:25 AM.