Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Took K20A2 EM2 to referee today!

Old 02-10-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
regub is an unknown quantity at this point
Took K20A2 EM2 to referee today!

Well I thought I would just share my experience with you guys. Don't really know if this topic has been covered many times, once, or none at all. But like I said, I just want to share my experience and tell you guys what I went through.

Well in the month of Nov. my wife got pulled over for "driving to slow", well after getting pulled over the cop made her get out of the car and pop the hood and whent though all the bull of the engine being illegal and the exhaust was to loud and the car was to low. So I pulled up trying to figure out what was going on and I told the officer it was mine. So he said, "ok, you get the ticket."

Well long story short. I went to court to try and talk my way out of it, but I failed miserably! So the judge said all I had to do is get my tickets signed off. And there would only be a $10 fee. Boy was he wrong!

I go home, I put on my stock exhaust, stock intake and stock suspension. So now the car is pretty much a stock rsx-s with a civic shell. I got to citations (lowered vehicle, modified exhaust) signed off. But I still had to go to the ref and get smoged........

I ended up finally going to the referre station and low and behold, the car passed with flying colors. The ref only asked me three questions. Is there any after market products on the vehicle? Is this an Rsx-s engine? What year is the engine? Besides that nothing else was said to me besides, "It'll be $38.25 (meaning the car passed!!)

Afterwards, I went back to the court to get my ticket signed off and pay my $10 fee. But the ticket for smog modification was only reduced by half, leaving me to pay $200. Well I was now pissed and ruined the rest of my day. So this is the reason why my rant is this long. But I just thought I'd share my experience. Hope you guys enjoy.

Last edited by regub; 02-13-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-10-2007
Registered!!

mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough
sucks doode, ive done 2 k swaps already, and one of them was pulled over fpr something like this. but luckily he came to me and i did the smog and had the ref from our dealership to come out and do the inspection for my homeboys car for free.....fought the ticket and won.....since he had a bar sticker on the car. but thats only cuz i work at a ford dealership and we do smog checks and we have a state ref here also.....

but id be pissed too, i got a front tint ticket and it cost me $348(thats just cuz its my 3 time getting one....lol) but good thing it passed and enjoy the k even more! cuz im almost done with mine and i know i will love it that much!
Old 02-11-2007
Registered!!

DAMN!! $348 for a window tint ticket!!! That's crazy. I know it's your third but could'nt you just have taken the tint off and got it signed off?

I also have a bar sticker on my car but that didn't stop the judge from fining me $200.
Old 02-11-2007
Registered!!

mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough
hahah yea i could of but didnt wanna go through it....i did it for the first time but the second and third time i just said "f" it and just paid the bail money for the ticket. eh its all good its just like one day of pay for me.....lol
Old 02-12-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by regub
DAMN!! $348 for a window tint ticket!!! That's crazy. I know it's your third but could'nt you just have taken the tint off and got it signed off?

I also have a bar sticker on my car but that didn't stop the judge from fining me $200.
that is total BS he cant fine you for a legal vehicle, what was the infringement he claimed you were being fined for???
Old 02-12-2007
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
you should get a lawyer. it may seem over-the-top, but if a cop pulls you over for "driving to slow" and doesn't cite you for this, than everything after that is null. my friend for 15 years has a sister who got pulled over for speeding and was busted with LARGE amounts of marijuana. well, the cop never wrote a ticket for speeding, so essentially everything that happened after that was invalid. that is tx btw.
Old 02-13-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by familycar
that is total BS he cant fine you for a legal vehicle, what was the infringement he claimed you were being fined for???
Well the original fine for "altered smog" (that's what they called it) was about $360 and the judge said that he could only cut the fine in half since it wasn't a correctable citation. But the effed up thing about it was that the previous judge said it was a correctable violation, so I tried to bring it up to this judge and he said it wasn't true. So I had to pay the $10 fee for the fix it tickets and half of the "altered smog" citation and $20 for God know what so it came out to a total of $201.
Old 02-13-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by modoman
you should get a lawyer. it may seem over-the-top, but if a cop pulls you over for "driving to slow" and doesn't cite you for this, than everything after that is null. my friend for 15 years has a sister who got pulled over for speeding and was busted with LARGE amounts of marijuana. well, the cop never wrote a ticket for speeding, so essentially everything that happened after that was invalid. that is tx btw.
I really thought about getting a lawyer but I really can't afford it. Since the harm has already been done I'm just gonna leave it at that. It just bugs the hell out of me how SOME pen!s head cops can do that just because they have the power to do it. It's not like my girl was speading or causing any sort of harm to any one.
Old 02-13-2007
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
That is crap! You basically got a $200 ticket for swapping a real engine into your car. It doesn't make sense. Especially if the exhaust and "too low" tickets were fix-it tickets. You have a perfectly legal engine in your car and you still got fined. Doesn't make any sense!
Old 02-13-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by bobsagator
That is crap! You basically got a $200 ticket for swapping a real engine into your car. It doesn't make sense. Especially if the exhaust and "too low" tickets were fix-it tickets. You have a perfectly legal engine in your car and you still got fined. Doesn't make any sense!
my point exactly and modified smog equipment ticket is "fixable" he fined you for a legal motor
Old 02-13-2007
Registered!!

Well, let this be a lesson for all of us that live in gay as cali. If you guys are to swap a K series non type r into your EM's make sure you get your BAR sticker asap. Since we already know that it will pass somg with flying colors.
And for some reason the court system dislikes imports and will do what ever they can to stop this way of life!

Last edited by regub; 02-13-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-13-2007
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice
**** the po po's lol
Old 02-13-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
and i thought NY sucked.
Old 03-03-2007
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
how did the cop even know your car was swapped? most cops around here wouldn't know if my car was swapped or not.
Old 03-04-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
^ he was probably a ricer at some point in his life with the 3rd gen civics
Old 03-04-2007
Registered!!

ST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura about
dam cops , that sucks. im with you ny bites , but that is bull Sh@t.
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
how did the cop even know your car was swapped? most cops around here wouldn't know if my car was swapped or not.
The funny thing is that he didn't know that the car was swapped! The only reason he noticed it was becuase of the A on the spark plug cover. If I would've taken it off, he would have never known about it.

He was asking my girl wether the engine was the original one or not and my girl was just playing dumb. So finally my girl told him that it might be swapped and that's when "I" got the ticket. (Even though she was driving and I was in another car).

But yeah, most of the cops that I've come across are pretty cool about things and don't give me a hard time, or maybe don't know the difference. But there are a select few that just can't seem to get over themselves.