Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

headers on lx?

Old 11-01-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uruguayanboy will become famous soon enoughuruguayanboy will become famous soon enough
Exclamation headers on lx?

Ok, i as some people knows, drive a 02 lx. i want headers on it... but as most of you know lx got the cat converter right at front. I heard many stories...

1) get an ex's whole exaust and make an extention with the sensors.

2) get headers for lx and buy an universal cat and added at the bottom again with extensions.

3)Or just remove cat and not have one.

Ok now...

option #1 isnt an ex exoust really hard to find or too expensive?

option #2... too much work???

option #3... will that pass inspection?? no right? will that damage my engine at any point???

PLEASE HELP!!! THANKS
Old 11-01-2007
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
Re: headers on lx?

#1)It depends on how you define "really hard to find" and "too expensive". I got a ex header and downpiple for $75. I personally don't they are really hard to find but you need some patience.

#2)Totally up to you. I would just keep in mind that you're not going to get a huge gain in hp. So if it's worth it to you than do it.

#3)I can't be 100% on this one since we don't have inspection in MI but I highly doubt that you would pass. You'll have a CEL with no cat so the ecu will act according to what the o2 sensors read. As far as that causing any real damage I can't help you there.
Old 11-01-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

You probably read my posts somewhere by now on this topic if you have been searching...

1- I have stock ex header if you want it- its much better than the lx manifold. You would need a downpipe, and then you could just take it to a muffler shop to get fitted to the existing exhaust, but that would be pretty pointless to have bigger to smaller pipes.

2- waste of time, just do number 1.

3- wouldnt damage your engine, but mgiht throw a code, pollute the world, and turn the dial up on global warming.

If you cant find an ex downpipe, then get the random tech downpipe/cat from dezod.com. For this you'll need to get a catback or just be happy with your tiny exhaust pipes- which would be the choke point. But this will allow you to run any ex header, or you can say screw it to everything and research the kamakazi header, which is lx only if I remember correctly.
Old 11-02-2007
Registered!!

uruguayanboy will become famous soon enoughuruguayanboy will become famous soon enough

does a "high flow cat" work as a stock cat converter but just let more air flow through?