Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

It's CONTEST TIME!!!

Old 07-11-2007
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's CONTEST TIME!!!

Has anyone actually posted images for this contest yet?
Old 07-11-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DeX
I'm not posting the contest pictures until the contest is over. That's just one I snapped while I was down there today, thought I would make people feel a little poorer! I sure did.
dang way to take us all down a notch!! lol! just kidding
Old 07-14-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Looks like tomorrow's the deadline......I'M THE WEENARRRR!

Railroad crossing with a train.

Another railroad crossing with a train.

Statue of a dead guy who did something a long time ago. His name's Robert Bruce, he helped Scotland with their independence from England.

Here's the plaque.

This one's a double, it's the Penngrowth Saddledome in the background which is the stadium the Calgary Flames play in and it's also known nationally. And if you don't like that, there's also the Calgary Tower in the background, that's pretty well known as well. Has a revolving restaurant at the top which is weird because it revolves around the center. So when you go to the bathroom which doesn't revolve and come back out, you have to go find your table again.

Couple of planes and boat docks.

Honda Dealership

And finally a truck stop. All of these pictures cost me at least a half tank of gas, I had to leave the city for some of them.

Pay up! Pay up!
Old 07-14-2007
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

So here is my contest photos

Iwo Jima Memorial

Nation's capital

In the water

Some Ferrari's

Leesburg Honda

Airplane

Tyson's Corner Honda

Fedex Field

Landmark Honda

Airforce Memorial

RFK Stadium

Jefferson Memorial

Lincoln Memorial

Washington Monument

White House

Statue Of Winston Churchill

train @ railroad crossing

Kwik-E-Mart!!!!!!!

Sorry about the quallity of some of the pics me and my little brother were using two different cameras and one kept dying out on us bad battery or something course it was the better one.
Old 07-15-2007
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough

So I began my evening by searching by the Kwik-E-Mart. I had printed out a map with the location but I forgot it on my desk at work.
Luckily for me they are talking about it on the radio and the guy gives out the address.

I get there to find no parking... Stupid double parked Impala.

After 5 minutes, somebody finally leaves and I take their parking spot.
Kwik-E-Mart

Hmmm, I better make this a quick stop!

I decide to get a Squishy. mmm, watermelon...

Chief Wiggum is there to maintain order.

Dinner and Dessert.

Next, a stop to visit Toyota Park, home of the Chicago Fire.
Stadium 1

And down the street to Midway Airport to get photos with some airplanes.

Airplane 1 AirNet private jet. What's this? A lady pilot doing a pre-flight inspection. Cool.

Airplane 2 Outside the hanger of Million Air (charter service used by rich people and celebrities). Ramper looking to see what the heck I'm doing.

Airplane 3 An old Southwest plane comes in for a landing.

Then I went into the city for a picture with Soldier Field
Stadium 2

And a pic with the Chicago Skyline
Recognizeable Landmark 1

I saw lots of statues of dead guys.
Statue 1 – Nick Copernicus He was the guy that came up with the idea that the solar system is heliocentric. He’s holding a in his hand.

Statue 2 – Karel Havlicek Borovsky He was a Czech artist.

Statue 3 - Thaddeus Kosciusko
Polish civil engineer that helped strengthen colonial fortresses against the British during the Revolutionary War

Then I stopped for a photo with the Sears Tower.
Recognizeable Landmark 2

Northward for a pic with Wrigley Field
Stadium 3

Then back south for a crappy pic with Comisky Park…er……U.S. Cellular Field
Stadium 4

Then my car decided to get it’s feet wet.
Boat Ramp

And a pic in front of the local Honda Dealership
Honda Dealer

I failed to get a pic between two Ferrari’s, but I did get two pix of my car next to two separate Ferrari’s. NOT at a dealership too.

Just for kicks, here’s my daughter ready to wrench on my friends formula car.

All pix here: http://public.fotki.com/jcoyoung/aut...ivicforums-ph/

Last edited by InanimateCarbonRod; 07-15-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-15-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Nice work. Looks like the Honda dealerships in the USA are blue while in Canada they're red. Relative to the flags I guess.
Old 07-15-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

As far as pictures with time stamps, looks like I'm in the lead.
Old 07-15-2007
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but you can't deny the fact that the kwik-e-mart photos were taken in a timely matter with this contest. considering that fact that none of them existed a couple weeks ago
Old 07-15-2007
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough

All my photo dates are embedded in the Exif Image Details that can be viewed on the Fotki website.

Anyways, It looks like only the three of us even bothered with this contest. Maybe a 3 way tie for first? We all win?!
Old 07-15-2007
Registered!!

well all I can say is that me and my little bro turned time stamp on both cameras but for some reason it never showed up on the actual pics from the camera that seemed to work most of the time. it did show up when you ran the mouse over the file on the computer. This is why tried to take pics of the same thing with both cameras in case something like this happened. but whatever the camera sucks its like from the 90's lol.

I had a lot of fun with this contest and I say mad props to the three of us that actually tried
Old 07-16-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

haha ya, funny I'm the only guy in the entire country that bothered to do anything! I got the raw deal on the Kwik-E-Marts though. And the Ferraris too I think. I went back to the exotic dealer Saturday but the only thing out front were Vipers.
Old 07-16-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

I would have parked behind this Impala and made him wait for me to finish inside before he could go anywhere. It's his own fault so make him sit there and see how it feels. I'd look at the magazines for a bit, microwave a burrito......talk to Wiggum for a bit. Then sit out front and drink my Squishee.

Old 07-16-2007
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

i woulda participated if the prize was worth it, but seeing as how i'm boosted, it was pretty much worthless.. man.. having my car in seattle, a road trip down to my mom's house in nor-cal, and then to my dad's in vegas, i woulda hella been in the money.. lol..

i never did end up visitn ghte kwik-e-mart in vegas tho :-/ it's way on the east side and i live on the west side..
Old 07-16-2007
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future

great job guys! It looks like it was fun getting all the pics.
Old 07-16-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

sweet pics guys, wish i had time to participate but i just bought a house... looks like everyone had fun
Old 07-16-2007
Registered!!

Buds302 will become famous soon enough

i knew someone was gonna use that one...i should have. but im not competeing.
my buddy matt works as a service advisor at that dealership
Old 07-16-2007
Registered!!

thats kinda funny out of all the Honda dealer pics that I took that was the one that I actually bought my car from.
It's a really good dealership
Old 07-17-2007
Banned

civicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond reputecivicDave has a reputation beyond repute

Just to let everyone know the contest is now over and I'm in the process of tallying the numbers for each submission.

After Tallying all the submissions it was very clear who the winner of this contest was!

Bomerman19
1 - RR
1 - Famous Monument
1 - Famous Monument
1 - Famous Monument
1 - Famous Monument
1 - Famous Monument
1 - Famous Monument
1 - Famous Monument
1 - Famous Dead guy
1 - Honda Dealership
1 - Honda Dealership
1 - Honda Dealership
1 - Stadium
1 - Stadium
2 - Planes
2 - Ramp in water
5 - 2 farraris
5 - 2 farraris
5 - Kwik - E - Mart

33pt total!!! Good Work!

Last edited by civicDave; 07-17-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-17-2007
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Not to dispute the winner but I think there's a problem with the way you tallied his points. If he only got 2 points for the single picture with airplanes, shouldn't I get 2 points for every picture with different planes? Or what makes more sense, he should get points for every plane in the picture. Just a thought.
Old 07-17-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LT2004ever
NYC, LA, and DC have the advantage hehe
lol well said LT
Old 07-17-2007
Registered!!

kelton is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya, I thought about doing this but uh considering i live 2 hours from KC and 3 1/2 hours from STL it would have been hard to get any good pictures and it deffinately wouldnt be worth my while but I loved the Chicago pictures! Chicago is such a cool city oh and I have been in that exact spot where you took the picture of the boats and the skyline!
Old 07-17-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by kelton
Ya, I thought about doing this but uh considering i live 2 hours from KC and 3 1/2 hours from STL it would have been hard to get any good pictures and it deffinately wouldnt be worth my while but I loved the Chicago pictures! Chicago is such a cool city oh and I have been in that exact spot where you took the picture of the boats and the skyline!
Yea, I love living in/near Chicago.
I would have gotten more pix like Buckingham Fountain and The Bean, but the day I went downtown was the same week as the Taste of Chicago, [MEGA crowded]. Anyways, heres a couple more for your viewing enjoyment.

Oh, and congrats to Bomerman.