Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Who To Race???

Old 11-11-2003
Need....More....Mods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Who To Race???

So i'm talking to a buddy of mine today about cars that i will be able to knock off this coming spring with my 7thgen coupe. Anyways it's a 5 speed, DX(lighter ) with a CAI, headers, exhaust and i'll be running a 75 shot with warmer and purge...also i'll be on stock steelies 14"...with better, fatter rubbers up front. So back to the point of the thread....so my buddy mentions RSX, RSX-S, and the Si's. I'm wondering which of these i would beat if they were stock...and which ones i'd beat if they were loaded with bolt ons ONLY. Lets assume equal skilled drivers and all are manuals. imp:
Old 11-11-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
You can probably beat si and rsx base easily with 75 shots. Ive seen rsx s with bolt ons running 13s. why not just take your car to track?
Nitrous is for cheaters jk
Old 11-11-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
i agree with civicvtec ^^^ U could beat the SI, but not a Type S
Old 11-11-2003
Need....More....Mods

Originally posted by civicvtec1ps
You can probably beat si and rsx base easily with 75 shots. Ive seen rsx s with bolt ons running 13s. why not just take your car to track?
Nitrous is for cheaters jk

It's winter time, so car is back to stock...no racing until spring I've run without the kit and headers....but i'm familiar with the track. 13's really??!!?? What does a type S run totally stock???
Old 11-14-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
curbsquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
stock i dont think you'd beat any of those cars, if the driver's were equal.

with bolt on's ONLY (no nitrous), you may stand a chance against the Si and the base RSX, but i doubt it. I drive a stock Si and raced an EX with bolt on's and won by at least 3 car lengths. i dont know if the Dx has more power stock than the Ex, but i dont think so.

but no, you will not touch the typeS without the nitrous. but nitrous IS cheating, unless your running that 75 shot all day everyday, it is not part of your motor, which makes it cheating in my book.
Old 11-14-2003
Need....More....Mods

Originally posted by curbsquirrel

but no, you will not touch the typeS without the nitrous. but nitrous IS cheating, unless your running that 75 shot all day everyday, it is not part of your motor, which makes it cheating in my book.

Do these people with SF turbo's run 10 and 11psi ALL day....probably not....so how is it cheating. Are slicks cheating....cause you dont use those all day....people that say nitrous is cheating are just trying to rationalize spending 2000 on bolt-ons that total 10 hp...when they could of spent 500 and shaved a second off their time. Nitrous is a tunning application...it takes tuning...there are things to consider in order to get consistently good times....its not like you just poure in some secret sauce and bam you in the 14.0's EVERYTIME....

what about guys in there supras with kickass turbo's and effecient displacement with 35 shots....???? Are they cheating.....come on serioulsy

THE POINT IS TO BE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE...NO RULES....I CAN BE FAST WHENEVER I WANT TO BE...JUST A SWITCH AND AN OPEN BOTTLE AWAY...SO ITS A PART OF MY MOTOR WHEN I WANT IT TO BE <come spring at least >