Removing shift control solenoid - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2016   #1  
Registered!!

divinmule is an unknown quantity at this point
Removing shift control solenoid

This is regarding a 2002 Honda Civic LX 1.7. Im trying to take off the shift control solenoid while transmission is still in the car. Holding it on are 3-10mm bolts. The problem is it is in such a tight space that when I can get a tiny box end on it, I have zero space to turn the bolt. Tried coming in from the hub with a ratchet and the frame blocks access to the 2 bottom bolts. Anyone out there successfully removed the solenoid while on the car? Ive tried coming in top down and through the hub. Is there a better access angle? Different tool?
divinmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016   #2  
Allow me to explain through interpretive dance

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Removing shift control solenoid

I can't see what you are working with..... Loosen or detach a mount or two so you can use a floor jack to raise or lower the trans a bit?
ezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016   #3  
Registered!!

91LXdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Removing shift control solenoid

Might also try a racheting wrench,, thier good in close quarters sometimes
91LXdriver is offline   Reply With Quote