99 Civic EX Maintenance - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2011   #1  
Registered!!

Fredd001 is an unknown quantity at this point
99 Civic EX Maintenance

Hey guys Im just wondering since you guys (i hope) are experts with civics could help me out on giving the best maintenance I can do on my 99 civic ex. I got it not too long ago it was mechanic owned so it runs good and i want to keep it that way. I did an oil change and spark plugs and wires but i dont quite remember exactly all i used. What would be the best fluids best oils i can use to keep this bad boy running. If its not too much to ask a list of all to do and the best brand of it for the car. Thanks alot
Fredd001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #2  
2010 Civic Si

K20Z3 is on a distinguished road
Re: 99 Civic EX Maintenance

The best fluids are always debatable but there are a lot of regular maintenance items you probably should at least check the condition of when you first get your car, here's a small list:

Engine Oil
Transmission fluid (and filter if auto)
Coolant
Air Filter
Gas filter
Brakes

Theres probably a few more that I'm missing, they're components that wear out over time. All of these are regular items though that should be more or less highlighted in your owners manual which I suggest you read up on.

p.s. don't forget the horn fluid I recommend only synthetic go in there.
K20Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #3  
Super Moderator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

some of these might apply only for 7th gen, but just in case - from our Mcgiver gearbox fella
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...e-up-mods.html
sdaidoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011   #4  
Registered!!

LTDan is an unknown quantity at this point

I would check also that the timing belt/water pump service has been done. That's a big one. Honda recommends it be done after 6years/90k miles IIRC. I don't know about too many people doing that service themselves, but Honda will charge in the $700 range at the dealership for the service.
LTDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011   #5  
2010 Civic Si

K20Z3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDan View Post
I would check also that the timing belt/water pump service has been done. That's a big one. Honda recommends it be done after 6years/90k miles IIRC. I don't know about too many people doing that service themselves, but Honda will charge in the $700 range at the dealership for the service.
Thats a good one, I forgot about that. You should check this with every car you get because it could end up costing you an engine down the road. Luckily most newer cars are moving on to timing chains now.
K20Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote