Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Tune Up

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kobraa is an unknown quantity at this point
Tune Up

I'm looking to do a tune up on my 07 EX Coupe soon. I would like to put the best parts I can get in. Any suggestions? I was looking at NGK Iridium plugs and also seen Pulstar pulse plugs. Has anyone tried any of these?
Old 07-23-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Tune Up

pulstar is isnt the majic plug. they make it seem like u are going to gain 100 extra hp or something and increase ur mpg by like 10.

there were dyno tests ran with pulstar on a SRT4 and it only made like .5 more hp than the NGK iridiums. again, not worth all that extra $$$ for the pulstars.

NGK iridiums are the way to go. they burn well (a tad better than stock) and have good life. i personally used them.

but to be honest, dont expect to gain substantial power or mpg from it because u probably will only gain a marginal amount. (probably because they are new plugs and will perform better than ur old ones)

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 07-23-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-23-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

pulstar is garbage and so is the company that makes em. i tried it and they failed. worse than $2 copper plugs. there are tons of horror stories all over the internet. luckily i didnt ruin my engine, and after nearly 2 months i finally got a refund, but others were not so lucky.
Old 07-23-2010
Registered!!

Kobraa is an unknown quantity at this point

NGK Iridiums it is. ty
Old 07-23-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

NGK or DENSO
Old 07-23-2010
Registered!!

grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

NGK Iridiums, indeedy!
Old 07-23-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Hoppin on the NKG iridium bandwagon.. Or as lowlife said, Denso iridiums, too
Old 07-23-2010
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

NGK or Denso, they are usually the plugs they put in hondas from the factory.
Old 07-23-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i like denso iridium better, its a smaller electrode so better electrical performance, but prolly not noticable. they only last 3 yrs tho so dont forget to change em.
Old 07-24-2010
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gearbox
i like denso iridium better, its a smaller electrode so better electrical performance, but prolly not noticable. they only last 3 yrs tho so dont forget to change em.
where's the cheapest place to buy em steve? or where do u buy em?
Old 07-24-2010
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i found the cheapest place was advanced auto parts.
Old 07-24-2010
Premium Member

sparkplugs.com? my new pair i need to change soon on ebay for $40 shipped a while back
Old 07-24-2010
Registered!!

i paid 30 dollars at advance auto parts.
Old 07-25-2010
Registered!!

MonKy is an unknown quantity at this point

NGK Iridiums