Fuel filter replacement - Honda Civic Forum

Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2010   #1  
Registered!!

ChrisC is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel filter replacement

On a Civic '97 how often should I change the fuel filter considering that I usually use cheap gas (ARCO/Valero/etc)?
What problems could you have if you do not change it often enough?

Best,
Chris
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010   #2  
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fuel filter replacement

dont bother. and stop making threads and messing with your car. you dont seem to have a clue.
HLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010   #3  
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Lol dont bother with it. Just change it when it starts to go bad like the rest of us. And like above posted stop messing with your car cause you obviously dont know what the hell you are doing.
02civicsi02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010   #4  
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

You'll need a new engine next week anyway, why both investing in new parts.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010   #5  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

on the canister filters, isnt it every few yrs or something? i remember some auto stores have those lil guide books that tell you when to change stuff, but cant remember. you could always change it when in doubt, they are cheap.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010   #6  
Registered!!

ChrisC is an unknown quantity at this point

$25+ at Walmart. I think it is every 30k miles.
Since I bought the car less than 30k miles before, I wonder what problems you can have if you do not change it.
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010   #7  
Low and slow!

02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

120k on my car and has not been changed yet and the car runs just like it has when I first bought it yrs ago.
02civicsi02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010   #8  
Registered!!

buckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the roughbuckshizzo is a jewel in the rough

Fuel filters don't really need to be changed.
buckshizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010   #9  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

not on our cars 2001+, but on older civics its a regular maint item like plugs and air filters. 30k sounds about right, otherwise it could clog and cause poor performance due to not enough fuel pressure getting fuel to the injectors.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote