Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Tune up time: Recommendations for spark plugs, wires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SteelBlueTJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Tune up time: Recommendations for spark plugs, wires?

I am planning on a tune up for my 99 civic LX that I just bought. The car is completely stock. I want to do the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Any brands out there that are better than others? i was thinking the bosch platinum+4 plugs? Thanks
Old 03-30-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tune up time: Recommendations for spark plugs, wires?

stick with ngk for plug wires and ngk or denso for plugs. bosch is garbage for imports. cap and rotor oem honda is best. dont bother with the cheap auto store parts like bwd, they dont last very long at all.
Old 03-31-2010
Registered!!

civicpapi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
stick with ngk for plug wires and ngk or denso for plugs. bosch is garbage for imports. cap and rotor oem honda is best. dont bother with the cheap auto store parts like bwd, they dont last very long at all.
Only thing sucks about OEM caps are the screws, mine rusted into the hole and broke off.
Old 03-31-2010
Registered!!

hwt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah NGK Blue wires, NGK plugs, and as far a the cap and rotor stock is fine unless you are heavily modified.
Old 04-01-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

civicpapi i know advance auto sells bluestreak caps and rotors with brass coated parts which will not rust. that may be a better alternative if yours are rusting. the plastic is blue, and screws are gold color.