Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Dry-Flow Air Filter Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006
I like my commute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Dry-Flow Air Filter Maintenance

How often do you guys clean your dry flow air filter? I have the cleaning solution but it wasn't cheap and I don't want to waste it. I got the intake at the beginning of the summer, maybe I could get away with cleaning it in just hot water?
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough
Clean? Heh... I usually just replace mine.
Old 08-23-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
6 months tops...
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
I clean my filter every oil change but I use to go every season change roughly.
Old 08-24-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks guys, its been maybe four months, so I guess I have some time to clean it, can't wait to hear what it sounds like in winter
Old 08-24-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
I don t think the sound changes too much bc I can't hear a difference but you'll def feel the difference with the colder air.
Old 08-24-2006
I like my commute

Nice, atleast the cold air is good for something
Old 09-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
wow its been over a year with my foam filter and its a lil dirty but still good and oily. no reason to clean that often.
Old 09-03-2006
Registered!!

race2thestart is an unknown quantity at this point
clean it when it starts getting black, then you know. I just got a cleaner kit and it worked great.
Old 09-03-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
I was reading up online, and AEM at least says they make their filters larger than they need to be, so performance doesn't degrade if you get a little dirt in the pleats. Clean it when it starts to look nasty, or just replace it. You could also check the manufacturer's website, and see what type of mileage interval they recommend cleaning it at. Also consider though, that it depends on what type of intake/filter you have, and also the conditions/climate you drive through.