Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Lucas Oil Stabilizer and Transmission Additive

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
all i know is i'm getting about 42mpg with mostly highway miles using lc and fp. thats pretty amazing considering i have intake and catback exhaust.
Old 04-24-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by R1Style
Start a new thread when you do this with your results.

I will, although it will be some time. I plan on doing the same with my '06 Civic once all the break-in stuff is gone. that car make actually get done first since it gets so many more miles.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

DaddyFatSacks is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been using FP but my mileage isnt that great. I think I need a new primary O2 sensor, keep haveing a code going on and off, just hate to buy a new one when it's off half the time.
Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
I've been using FP but my mileage isnt that great. I think I need a new primary O2 sensor, keep haveing a code going on and off, just hate to buy a new one when it's off half the time.
Same here...I have been using the product(FP and LC)for about a month now....NO CELs

actual mileage has acutally dropped....I am getting 33-34 MPG...instead of 35-36MPG....I am not happy but will continue to use and if it does not improve I will return them....
Old 05-01-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
maybe you guys have some other problems. cause my engine feels alot better using lc, and mileage i've never gotten my 42mpg without addatives.
Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by gearbox
maybe you guys have some other problems. cause my engine feels alot better using lc, and mileage i've never gotten my 42mpg without addatives.
Since you have an EX Auto, you normal estimated is 37 if i'm not mistaken!
Going to 42 is over a 10% increase in mileage. I have a lot of years with additives (from motor honey to StinkeyTurtlePiss) and oils and have never seen 3 to 4 % increase?
Old 05-01-2006
Premium Member

ya before using those addatives, i could barely get 38mpg usually just 34 all highway. i'm loving the gain altho in town driving is still low 20s.
Old 05-02-2006
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice
the only reason i bought Lucas was because my friends (all have 5.0 stangs) recommended it since they all used this in their cars. So i bought it and decided to try it out. Im a total Marvel Mystery Oil guy. I swear by that stuff, have used it in my past 2 cars and the civic. dont really feel a difference, but it doesnt give you more MPG or HP like other brands say, just cleans the internals of the engine, prevents valve sticking, cleans fuel pump and dissolves liquidated junk in the gas tank. Great stuff if you had a car sitting for a while, just add half a bottle (1 pint) into about 4 gallons of gas, drop into an empty gas tank and start the car up, youll notice all the exhaust smoke being BLACKER than BLACK and after a while itll go normal again... cleaned out all the Sh*t in the engine and lines.. good stuff.. its been around for about 100 years

and i get 38mpg/hwy and 34/cty w just MMO and Castrol Syntec 5w-20. And look at my mods. so im guessin i have to say that additives really didnt do much for me in the long run
Old 05-02-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I agree that it feels better in terms of response and smoothness..I also noticed black smoke coming out from my exhaust...

i'm loving the gain altho in town driving is still low 20s.
but I only used it for about a month and 1/2...total milage is about 2000 miles...70 highway/ 30 city...My all city is around 30-31mpg

When I put stock wheels on...I could get 37-38 mpgs consistently...

35-37mpgs per tank consistently with 17 wheels I feel confident that my car is running normal...I drive 70+ at highway speed....

Now this number dropped by 1 or 2...I just want to know if this is temp or not....like I said I've been using the product for 1 1/2 month with 2000 miles racked up...maybe not long enough...?