Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Fuel Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
Fuel Light

On the average, how many miles do you have left once the fuel light turns on?? I know its not the smartest to wait till the tanks empty, just wonderin how far some of you have pushed it.
Old 03-27-2006
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
If you baby it ive seen 44 miles on mine... other times i wasnt light on the gas and i ran out once at 29 so...
Old 03-28-2006
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Gas guages are not accurate enough to say exactly how many you have left. The dealer always told me 30 miles of easy driving, but don't think I ever let it go that long.
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

BoostedVik is an unknown quantity at this point
well mine is very inaacurate, i have a turbo and it sucks gas like a mother f***** but anyways, it would be at 1/2 tank i drive it, it stays at 1/2 a tank (i am happy ) then once i turn it off and i turn it on it goes down to 1/4 of a tank.... some advice , if u want to save gas dont go turbo... i would say when the light comes on u got 1 gallon left and that around 30 miles depending on how ur driving

Last edited by BoostedVik; 03-28-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

dk1021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mine's way off too .. I noticed it right when I got my car brand new. Especially in summer, the readng sometimes show it has almost no gas when i turn it on and light comes on, then after running a bit .. it gradually goes back up .. till light turns off .. weird! Car was brand new too!
Old 03-28-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
^^Mine does the same thing too. I've went 36 miles from when the light came on before I finally put gas in the car...
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dk1021
Mine's way off too .. I noticed it right when I got my car brand new. Especially in summer, the readng sometimes show it has almost no gas when i turn it on and light comes on, then after running a bit .. it gradually goes back up .. till light turns off .. weird! Car was brand new too!

ahh dude its called reserved gas, its does that when u get to the light

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
^^Mine does the same thing too. I've went 36 miles from when the light came on before I finally put gas in the car...
same thing i said up there ^^^

Last edited by BoostedVik; 03-28-2006 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-28-2006
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
I've driven 40 miles after the light came on
Old 03-28-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
There's been a couple of times where I've had an 1/8th of a tank left, and turn the car off, then come out in the morning and when I turn the car on the reading is Empty and the light comes on. After driving for a while it goes back up about two notches. Doesn't really bother me, The farthest I'm ever from a gas station is 10 miles
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

Honda01 will become famous soon enoughHonda01 will become famous soon enough
We have a gas light

All this time i've been trying to get an idea of my gas milage - I wait till the gauge hits the bottom 'E' line, or right below it, but then i gotta tank up.

Other cars have their light come on much much sooner!...and my last civic didn't have a light, so I assumed this one was without as well!
Old 03-29-2006
Boost is so good make you wanna slap ya mamma

red_sun is on a distinguished road
boostedVik you must be on flooring it all the time cause I can get 30mpg or better if i keep out of full boost which is under 3k rpms for me.

Back on topic you can kind of figure out how long you can go on the light all you have to do is one time the light comes on go get gas right away and see how much gas you get if you fill up all the way. We have about a 13 gallon tank so take 13 minus how ever much gas you got what ever is left is how much gas is left when the light comes on. Then figure out what your average MPG is and that will tell you about how far you can run on the gas light till you completely empty. This formula is not perfect but it will give you a good idea of how far you can go on the light.
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by red_sun
boostedVik you must be on flooring it all the time cause I can get 30mpg or better if i keep out of full boost which is under 3k rpms for me.

Back on topic you can kind of figure out how long you can go on the light all you have to do is one time the light comes on go get gas right away and see how much gas you get if you fill up all the way. We have about a 13 gallon tank so take 13 minus how ever much gas you got what ever is left is how much gas is left when the light comes on. Then figure out what your average MPG is and that will tell you about how far you can run on the gas light till you completely empty. This formula is not perfect but it will give you a good idea of how far you can go on the light.
running rich right now, i need tuning
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
Honda says there is a 2 gallon reserve and from my own quick calculations I found that the light on my car usually comes on when there is between 1-2 gallons left in the tank. To be safe, you should be good for at least another 30 miles after the gas light considering you have a relatively stock engine and you drive conservatively.

You were wondering how far i've pushed it? I've gone about 50 miles after the light (highway driving) because there was no gas station in sight. I shouldn't have waited so long to fill up =/
Old 03-29-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i got a new fuel sender and mine usually has 3 gallons left when the light comes on. so i'd say safely 50 miles. but dont risk stalling out
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by born2xLr8
Honda says there is a 2 gallon reserve and from my own quick calculations I found that the light on my car usually comes on when there is between 1-2 gallons left in the tank. To be safe, you should be good for at least another 30 miles after the gas light considering you have a relatively stock engine and you drive conservatively.

You were wondering how far i've pushed it? I've gone about 50 miles after the light (highway driving) because there was no gas station in sight. I shouldn't have waited so long to fill up =/
same thing happen to me, but i was lucky and found a station before i ran out of gas, but i drove like a grandma