Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

Maintenance required light

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VP Stylee is an unknown quantity at this point
Maintenance required light

yesterday my maint Req'd light started flashing when i turn on my car. its got a little over 8100 miles and its still stock besides my shift **** which ive had for at least 4000 miles. it only blinks for a few seconds when i turn it on, about the time it takes me to put on my seatbelt + 2 flashes. my car still runs perfect and i changed the oil promptly at 6000 with castrol syntec blend any idea what this could be?
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

winnerpl is an unknown quantity at this point
Quoting NoFriends:
Car off, hold the odometer button, turn key to "on" (dont start the car), wait 5-10 sec's and "Maintenance Required" light will be turned off. Start car or turn off.
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

VP Stylee is an unknown quantity at this point
that didnt do anything
Old 04-30-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
sheesh here if you don't know how to read the manual or the sticky threads

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=174951
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Originally Posted by VP Stylee
yesterday my maint Req'd light started flashing when i turn on my car. its got a little over 8100 miles and its still stock besides my shift **** which ive had for at least 4000 miles. it only blinks for a few seconds when i turn it on, about the time it takes me to put on my seatbelt + 2 flashes. my car still runs perfect and i changed the oil promptly at 6000 with castrol syntec blend any idea what this could be?
its perfectly normal. it flashes for awhile then will stay on for good untill you turn it off. since you are in houston, come by and I will turn it off for you.
Old 05-01-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by VP Stylee
that didnt do anything
You didn't hold it long enough. Read your manual and the stickied threads!
Old 05-03-2005
PC Tech / Autocrosser

PrecisnTec will become famous soon enoughPrecisnTec will become famous soon enough
It's telling you it's time for an oil change.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

LowRYda03ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
sheesh here if you don't know how to read the manual or the sticky threads

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=174951
haha you flamed on me pretty bad when i asked the same question, glad to see im not the only idiot on this site
Old 05-08-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
haha its all good
Old 07-10-2005
Registered!!

Robb989 is an unknown quantity at this point
what the hell would I do without 7thgen.com....................probably slit my wrists!
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

pHiStAhH is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

for the past few weeks is wondered about that freakn light..i got scared s**tless cuz i thought i effed up my parents car..thanks dudes for the great help
Old 07-23-2005
Premium Member

why is this still open? I'll put a stop to that. Oh boo its in the other forum. Someone lock this quick!