Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

What new sparkplugs to get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
What new sparkplugs to get?

So the time has come to change the plugs, first time for this, and Ive been doing alot of reading. I hear from some people(gearbox and others) that the stock plugs are the best. I dont really want to spend more money on Denso IK-20's if they arent going to do anything. Help me out
Old 07-23-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
just get the oem ngk plugs. you wont notice any difference from the more expensive ones.
Old 07-23-2005
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Originals
Old 07-23-2005
Registered!!

fixeruper is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to jack ur thread but what about running a turbo?
Old 07-24-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
NGK iridium plugs. i know i spelled them wrong in the other thread. i have them 8 bucks for all 4 and better gas mileage. stocks are expensive as *****
Old 07-24-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MajinB
NGK iridium plugs. i know i spelled them wrong in the other thread. i have them 8 bucks for all 4 and better gas mileage. stocks are expensive as *****
are those the top of the line NGK ones? If you can get them that cheap, I would paypal you the money and get you to pick me up some, in canada, they are 46 bucks for all 4
Old 07-24-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
stock double platinum is better than iridium. I tried the iridium for 15k and they were done after that. You wanna know a secret they don't tell you? The iridium doesn't even have a platinum ground electrode, its prolly just nickel like the cheap autozone plugs. Double platinum has both center and ground electrode platinum (hence the name and why they can last MUCH longer than any other plug out there).
Old 07-24-2005

ok, thanks, I guess Ill get those then, what is the part number and who are they made by?
Thanks
Old 07-24-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
www.sparkplugs.com made by either denso or ngk. Mine has denso, others have ngk.
Old 07-24-2005

so whatever is in my car right now, I should just get the part numbert of those then?
Old 07-24-2005
Premium Member

well you can look it up on that website for an 01 civic
Old 07-24-2005

yea, they are ngk is says for oem, so I guess Ill order those
Old 07-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
gear, where did you get those stock plugs?

dealer? hondaautomotiveparts.com?

they are about $11 each, right?
Old 07-24-2005
Premium Member

stock plugs came with the car and I bought a second used set from falken for when my originals crap out.
Old 07-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
zen_master is on a distinguished road
btw stock --> double platinum? i believe they're just a regular Denso Platinum......it must be noted also that some cars come with NGK platinum....
Old 07-24-2005
Premium Member

our cars either come stock with denso double platinum or ngk double platinum.