Fuel, Oil, Cleaners & Other Maintenance Extending the life of your Civic requires the proper fuel, oil, and cleaners, along with other regularly scheduled maintenance.

injector cleaning service??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
injector cleaning service??

Has anyone taken their car in to get the injectors cleaned? As in better than just some additives will do. How much do shops charge and is it worth it. I know clogged injectors can cause big power loss.
Old 04-28-2005
The Declaration of Independence was written on marijuna paper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ellocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the rough
Yeah I got my injectors cleaned by the dealer back in 2001. I had about 1200 on the odometer. Can you guess what happened? The spark plugs were fouled, fuel tank drained, fuel lines flushed, injectors cleaned. The ex wife did it, It was her car before the divorce.
Old 04-28-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
She put diesel fuel? haha. I'll have to ask the dealer how much for injector cleaning.
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

NightHawk04 is an unknown quantity at this point
never put injector cleaner in your tank.
Either do a top engine flush or an injector clean. Although if you have an air compressor and a blow gun handy its alot cheaper to do it yourself.
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

LubeControl.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Use FP60 and you'll be fine. Normally I'd agree with NightHawk....most cleaners will do more harm than good. Research our products and you'll see they work.

Many customers over at BITOG.
Old 04-28-2005
Premium Member

okay I'm switching to yours. Would those other cleaners do permanent damage, and will your cleaner fix any problems like carbon chunks or something?
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

LubeControl.com is an unknown quantity at this point
There are cleaners that are very harsh and can do damage to an engine. FP60 will dissolve carbon and varnish and not just break it up into chunks. Many cleaners do this, that is why they say to change your oil after using them. No need to change oil after using FP60 as it dissolves the carbon and turns it into a lubricious form and takes it through combustion.

Verify all we say through used oil analysis and professional interpretation by Dyson Analysis.
Old 04-29-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
yeah BITOG likes the fp60 i've noticed.

i've used blackstone labs for VOA and UOA.
Old 04-29-2005
Premium Member

i'll have to order me some then
Old 04-29-2005
The Declaration of Independence was written on marijuna paper

Ellocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the roughEllocodetroit is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gearbox
She put diesel fuel? haha. I'll have to ask the dealer how much for injector cleaning.
Yeah she did. I was to drunk to fuel up and I had take a MAJOR ****. So I just slid the credit card and went to the bathroom. She drove the car to McDonalds for some grub for the kids we got on the onramp of the freeway and the car died. I was pissed and cursing Honda. I traded my pos Ford Taurus SHO for this crap. Then it hit me oh snap. I opened the fuel cap and smelled diesel. I was one angry mexican. $500 bucks later the car was ok.
Old 04-30-2005
Registered!!

slowvr4 is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.cruzinperformance.com/fuelinj.html Alot of people on the www.3si.org (stealth/3000gt) forums, including myself, have used this company for injector cleaning/flow testing.. It's only $12 an injector for a complete flow test and cleaning. I believe the other companys were at least twice as much an injector
Old 04-30-2005
Premium Member

Thanks. I ordered a gallon of fp60 for now, but I'll keep them in mind for later.
Old 05-03-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
would fillin up with 91 pump gas on a full tank and go back to regular clean the injectors?
Old 05-03-2005
Premium Member

no, it will make it worse.
Old 05-03-2005
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
^hey gearbox, can you keep us updated after you tried the fp60?

how does it work? just pour it into gas tank?
Old 05-03-2005
Premium Member

i'm getting it thursday which is really quick after ordering monday. Only thing I hate is fedex ground cause I'm gone during the day and always miss it. But yea you just add some I think 1 ounce per 5 gallons or something. I'm gonna just use it every fillup.
Old 05-06-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
hummm...... Let us know gearbox.

My dad had his fuel ssytem cleaned at 80k in his Accord. Hard to compare since he had 7 new valves put in it, but the mechanic did it for free . He said they actually tore appart the entire fuel rail and all the line between and cleaned everything.
Old 05-06-2005
Premium Member

i got the fp60, and I guess you can just add some to the tank? I don't like keeping more than half the tank full. So I'm just gonna pour some in and see what happens.
Old 05-06-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
let us know what you think of it.... I'm guessing it will take time to work though.
Old 05-06-2005
Premium Member

ya i didn't notice any immediate power lol. I'm assuming adding more won't hurt. And do you have to use this every fillup or can you vary it?
Old 05-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
So gearbox, did you notice any improvements?

I called the dealer yesterday to ask about fuel injection cleaning and they told me $129. They said its a 3 part service. First something goes in the feul tank, then they shut the fuel pump off and disconnected the lines and run some stuff through the fuel rail, plenum and injectors to clean the carbon out. I am scepticle on doing it but I want my car to last and right now I am at 93k miles and I know my **** is dirty and carbon filled. I just dont want to use just some fuel tank cleaner.
Old 05-25-2005
Premium Member

I'll wait until 100k maybe to send the injectors since its a big deal. The fp60 in the fuel tank is working. I no longer hear growling from the engine, and acceleration is nice and smooth. I've been using it every tank four times total now.
Old 06-01-2005
Registered!!

badodyssey is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
Has anyone taken their car in to get the injectors cleaned? As in better than just some additives will do. How much do shops charge and is it worth it. I know clogged injectors can cause big power loss.
No. use redline injector cleaner. I've put 100's of k's on my honda's and have never had an issue.