Anyone in Louisiana (pt 2)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jwcardy is on a distinguished road
well josh, if you decide to get a turbo from sf, once i got half of the price saved up, i would go ahead and order it and pay for half of it, that way he will start building it and then you will have the other half of the money when he gets it done. i am sooooooo tired of waiting. i have paid in full and i havent seen anything yet. i was told that i would get it before christmas and nothing. if it wasnt for catalyst, i would know what is going on. Mike Stafford hasnt been on here in a while, and you can forget about reaching him on the phone. i have talked to several people on here and they know absolutely nothing about their kits either. it seems like it is one thing after another with them. at least i will have my nitro truck to play with until my sf kit gets here. it will be here on the 3rd (the truck that is)

catalyst said that they were going to be moving the shop this week, well i will give them another week to figure out what they are doing, then i am going to want to know what the deal is.
Old 12-31-2003
Registered!!

honda04civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone from Lafayette or near, thats where I am from.. I plan to drive home for madri gras, anyone near that might want to hang or so, I just wanna see some southern vics, I know up here they are pretty sick, but are they leet down there or what.. keep it real brothers
Dave
Lafayette 4 ever!!!!!!
haha cheesy
Old 01-01-2004
Registered!!

SquirrelCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
green - you "can" use a regular filler on the bumper but you gotta be carefull not to use much because the bumper is flexible and the filler isn't. if you use more than just small spots of filler you run a high risk of cracking where the plastic and filler meet up . have you bought any filler yet ? if you have to use it you might wanna try a dynaglass. its alot stronger. thanks for the beer yo .
Old 01-02-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Squirrel- Sweet. Thanks for the info. Did you have to use a filler for wes's vic? Can I get dynaglass at home depo or something? No problem with the beer, you deserved it.

Wes- I was kind of undecided. I dont know if I want custom or to go with someone. At least 6 months to a year will be the saving portion, unless the government is good to me (taxes). By that time SF should be cought up in their work. I wouldnt have to worry about shipping it either. I have family in Cali. I could drive there and stay with family and drop my car off at SF and then pick it up when its finished.
Old 01-02-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

well, i am not tryin to say anything about sf cause i have their kit ordered. but i would wait and see how HTOWNBOY's turbo kit comes out. he works for shop in Houston called Speed Fetish and it their kit is good, they are going to start making them. i talked to him several time and he said that his kit will be complete for the first stage7 meet in febuary. i think that it is going to be on the 21st. i will have to double check that for you. or look at it on here. under our south forum..... we are going to compare kits, and maybe race them. if i have mine by then. catalyst said that he is sending them out this week so that he doesnt have to move them to the new shop. so that sounds good for me. i am going to have it shipped to me up there at school. if i can find somewhere to do it up there, then i will. if not then i will come home and do it. the following weekend that i have it on and everything is running good, i am going to cruise down to the lakefront if anything is going to be going on.
Old 01-02-2004
Registered!!

Sounds good. When are you going to look into doing internals, if any? I want to atleast sleeve the block before or during the install of the turbo. Can be too careful when running turbo.
Old 01-02-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

well, catalyst ran the kit on stock motor with no problem, and so are many others on the website. i dont plan to run high boost daily, but i want to have the option, that is why i bought the boost controller. i am going to wait and see how everything works out with the kit and sit back and watch all this Dhracing stuff and see how that goes. it their head and block turn out to be good stuff then i might invest in it. my main thing is that i want to keep the car reliable until i can get something else. to the more stuff like that that you do to it, the less the reliability becomes, if you know what i mean.
Old 01-02-2004
Registered!!

I agree. The sleeved block only works for the better. It just inables you to run higher boost. Its a guard to elimanate the chance of something happening. Are you going to change the flywheel and/or clutch after the turbo?

With the addition of pistons, rods, etc. you run the risk of relability on the daily drive. Not saying it cant be done. A 9.5:1 or 9:1 would give great gains under boost.
Old 01-02-2004

JetBlu01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Green Civic
What part of LA are you from? I'm in Luling which is ~30 minutes from the lakefront. On the 20th there is a meet for us at around noon right by Joe's. I'll be there for about 12 or 12:30, what ever time I can roll out of bed.
k sorry I missed the meeting...when is the next one? how about someone sets something up. I live in Shreveport...Baton Rouge is probably the farthest I'll roll...depends...let me know something.
Old 01-04-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

got my rc truck in and it is awesome
Old 01-05-2004
Registered!!

Thats cool wes. Jumped anything yet?
Old 01-05-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

everything that i can find
Old 01-06-2004
Registered!!

Sweet. Any word from cat about the turbo? They said they were planning to start shipping this week.
Old 01-06-2004
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Sup guys.

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents about engine builds. Depending on how much power you make is going to depend what parts you want to go with. If you'll be satisfied with a 13 second car, you don't need anything but I would suggest a wideband o2 tuning system.

Looking for 12's? Pistons, rods and more fuel, somehow (EMS isn't a bad idea either.)

11's/10's? Sleeves aren't neccessarry but are definitely a good idea. At this point, engine management is almost a neccessity.

There have been d16's with no internal work at all that, with the right tuning, make around 300 whp. Everything you do is a safeguard. None of these parts enable you to run more boost, they just hold up better under higher temps and higher hp over extended periods of time.

Now you can still have a reliable daily driver even if you have pistons and rods and even sleeves. Again, it's the way your setup is done. If you don't know what you're doing, things will probably break. But, if you do it right, you can still maintain reliability. Again though, if you don't know what you're doing, I'd strongly recommend staying away from trying to make it too fast. Otherwise, you may go through a couple of engines.
Old 01-06-2004
Registered!!

andy- so, did you get your fmic yet ? how's that build coming
i'm looking at getting the vis cf hood and trunk. did you have any trouble with the vis hood fitting ? who did you get it from ? vis or someone else ?

wes - whatcha doing this weekend ? i got two offers - 1. go drag at the eunice track or 2. go to new orleans to the "world of wheels" show. holla if your interrested.
Old 01-06-2004
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
No, my ic and piping isn't done yet
Dono when it'll be.
I am trying to sell the water/air ic setup.
My turbo has a bent shaft so I've sent it back to SF and hopefully they'll warranty it for me. I'm still waiting to hear something back from them.
Old 01-06-2004
Registered!!

Andy- Hope everything goes ok with the turbo. Cat said something about some piping being done in the FI section. I think in Wes's thread. Might want to check it out.

Wes n Squirrel- If ya'll decide to go, give me a call. I'll meet you somewhere and we can go. If ya'll dont, thats ok. Post something so I know. I'll check tomorrow or tonight.
Old 01-06-2004
Turbo Guru

Well, I'm a last priority. I have been since I ordered the kit way back whenever it was (ordered in July, I think.) So since then, the turbo hasn't even seen 1000 miles yet and it's broken. Really getting sick of the issues. I am just tired of shelling out dough just to keep the car running.
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

Dont sweat it andy. It's just dumb luck. Have you talked to cat about the turbo? Why are you seling the air/water intercooler and piping?
Old 01-07-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

i am working this weekend so i dont think that i can come home. i talked to catalyst and mike about the color of intercooler piping and they have been fight between what color to send me. i originally wanted SI blue but then i told cat if they could do gunmetal, that i would rather have that. well mike said si blue and cat has been sayin gunmetal so i finally called both and told them gunmetal if they have it, so they are going to send me the black chrome pipes that are already ready.

i got some freakin video of the rc truck and that is awesome and if i could get it on here, i would.
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

Thats funny. Atlease you caught it early, before they sent the pipes. Black crome, sounds like a cool color. Trying to match the headlights? I think it will look good with silver. So I guess the rc is intertaining you until the turbo comes in.
Old 01-07-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

yeah, dude the rc truck is keeping my mind off of it, but i still want my kit if you know what i mean
Old 01-07-2004
Turbo Guru

Originally posted by jwcardy
yeah, dude the rc truck is keeping my mind off of it, but i still want my kit if you know what i mean
You and me both
Old 01-08-2004
Registered!!

Wes- I hear ya. That sucks. Why are you moving to Florida?
Old 01-08-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

well i dont when i am moving. my brother is trying to find a spot to put me in his company and he wants to put me where i will make the most money. if he can put me somewhere close to home, he will, and then i wont have to move
Old 01-08-2004
Registered!!

wes - what kinda company does your brother run ? well , i start back at votech on monday , so whenever you wanna do the lip for your bumper i can get you fixed up bro. so , are they shipping out the kit now ?

good thing i got online today , the world of wheels show isn't till next week . that would have been stupid on my part ( show up at the superdome a week early ) .
Old 01-08-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

no catalyst said next week cause they didnt have the ic pipes powdercoated yet. thought they had the right color but they didnt. so i have to wait another freakin week
Old 01-09-2004
Registered!!

What company does your brother work for? Well, hope you can hold out. When does school start for you?
Old 01-09-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

Red Simpson INC. it is a powerline contract company
Old 01-09-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

samari just got his new front bumper and rear, and he didnt like the rear, so i am getting the rear from him, and his front lip. nathan, i need you to paint the rear for me too

Quick Reply: Anyone in Louisiana (pt 2)