Got pulled over because of HID Fog Lights...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATMJDM01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Got pulled over because of HID Fog Lights...

Okay, I bought some nice smoked JDM HID Fog Lights and ordered 3000k yellow but when it was installed, they look green. So I think I got sent the wrong color. Anyway, after months of having them, I get pulled over last night because green is Illegal in Florida. WTF? I pray the smoke lens doesn't make the 3000k yellow LOOK green!? What is your opinion on this? Would the color change that much from the Fog Lights being smoked?

I can't see the code on the bulb unless I take my whole bumper off so right now I have the lights off when I drive. Here is a photo of my lights at night.

I actually HAVE 3000k yellow bulbs laying around as extra so I think one day off I will replace them and see. Just wanted some thoughts about this.
Old 08-07-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Got pulled over because of HID Fog Lights...

That is pretty green!!

Yes I think its green because you mixed a yellow bulb with a smoked lense. If you look at a color mixing chart you will see that as you add black to yellow it starts to become a green.

Old 08-07-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

Those are it.

That is what I was afraid of. The smoked went with my blacked out theme so I don't regret that but I will go for more blue/white with the fog lights if those are ACTUALLY yellow coded when I remove my bumper off when I have time.
Old 08-07-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

If they are HiD then they will look clear. The color comes from the temperature that the bulb burns at not the color of the bulb like a traditional light. Also the higher in temp you go up the less the actual light output is. For smoked lenses you would want the brightest light which I believe is 4-5K.
Old 08-07-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

Originally Posted by GolNat
If they are HiD then they will look clear. The color comes from the temperature that the bulb burns at not the color of the bulb like a traditional light. Also the higher in temp you go up the less the actual light output is. For smoked lenses you would want the brightest light which I believe is 4-5K.
Here is the list of what I can get. I think I'm going to go with 5k or 6k.
Name:  color.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  77.7 KB
Old 08-07-2013
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

If a vehicle owner comes in for a state inspection with any color bulb or hid bulb other than white, I will fail them.
Old 08-07-2013
Respect All, Fear No One

Originally Posted by Tragedy
If a vehicle owner comes in for a state inspection with any color bulb or hid bulb other than white, I will fail them.
Why? You now have brand new cars coming off the Dealer lot with STOCK HID's (Blueish white) and so many people having a normal yellow amber.