Short Shifter, Shift Knob/Boot questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013
Pigs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piglet is an unknown quantity at this point
Short Shifter, Shift ****/Boot questions

Okay, So far my motif has been magnesium metallic/purple and it looks awesome. To celebrate my SCCA membership, I'm getting my car ready for an autocross event in september. I'm starting with Tein S Techs (until I decide on a more adjustable set-up), some Rotas with racing tires, catback exhaust, and my next modification which will be a new shifter set-up.
As soon as it stops raining in Philly/South Jersey (probably never) I'll be installing my springs.

05 Civic EX Sedan, 5 speed (obviously lol)

My questions revolve mostly around this short-shifter

http://www.sportcompactonly.com/Hond...3973_v-103.htm

I mostly want to know if anyone else has this shifter installed and if it's a quality product.

second, I know it's simple, but I would like this shift **** and I'm curious if it will work with my stock boot (because I don't see a fastening-clip like my stock shift-**** has). If it doesn't fit with the stock boot, where can I get a boot that will fit it?
Amazon.com: 10x1.5mm Thread 5 speed Shift **** in Purple Round Billet Aluminum for Honda & Acura JDM: Automotive Amazon.com: 10x1.5mm Thread 5 speed Shift **** in Purple Round Billet Aluminum for Honda & Acura JDM: Automotive
I'm having a lot of trouble finding shift ****/boot kits for my car as it is, let alone one with a purple **** that I like.

Last edited by Piglet; 07-01-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-02-2013
Registered!!

CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Short Shifter, Shift ****/Boot questions

I have a REVO Short Shifter and love it! If you make this upgrade I am sure you will be pleased. I can't vouch for that particular product but I've had zero issues with mine (which looks very similar).
Old 07-02-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

I know, this rain is rediculous!!!

I also have a REVO which is similar to the Neuspeed and it was a great upgrade.

As for your shift boot the stock boot will not fit that shift ****. They do make shift boots that have a draw string at the top that you tie but this will require you to remove your stock boot and staple the new one to the ring (not difficult).

You could put the new **** on. Remove the trim ring from the center consol, flip the boot inside out over the new ****. Zip tie the end under the **** and roll the boot back over top (if that makes sense). It will just curl inside itself at the top rite under the ****. Might look good might not.
Old 07-02-2013
Pigs

Thanks for the feedback! I found a Megan Racing Short Throw kit for like $32 last night, so I figured I'd give it a shot. As for the boot, I'll try the method you suggested since I'd be ordering it from Andy's anyway, and while scouring youtube, I found this video!

[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1408& transactionid=1372779361-6924272155&posted_by=_www.civicforums.com&youtube_ video_id=EcFCwYNetvA[/autostream]
Old 07-02-2013
Pigs

Okay, so forget Andy's. They want to charge me $32 to ship a shift boot. Obscenity.
Old 07-02-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

That's crazy!! It better be a really nice shift boot.

The Megan kit is probably just an adapter for the stock stick. This will reduce your throw without increasing the effort it takes to move the stick. Just so you are aware. The REVO and buddy club actually reduce the length of the stick thus reducing the amount of leverage and increasing the amount of effort it takes to move. I prefer more effort, some people don't.
Old 07-02-2013
Pigs

*shrugs* yeah, I'm aware it's an adapter. I figured I'd try it out. Hell, for $30 it's worth a shot. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-03-2013
Pigs

Megan is completely out of stock for their short-shifters (coil-overs as well, according to my boyfriend), so I ordered the Revo Technica Version 2. I grabbed some photos of my car as-is last night, so I'll be posting them on my profile and in "Member's Rides."