fener removal 01-03 civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02carbon_civic is an unknown quantity at this point
fener removal 01-03 civic

ive tried removing my fender on my 02 civic coupe i think i got all the bolts but under the car it looks like theres a 2 inch weld to the subframe so does anyone no how to remove the fender pictures or vids on how to or even givng me your opinion so please help

thanks to everyone for reading and helping

mike 02 civic lx coupe moded
Old 01-13-2012
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: fener removal 01-03 civic

Not sure if it is the same but this is a DIy for a 2005

Tools: 10mm

Jack (Optional) You will need the jack to remove the screw under the car, I lowered my car 1 inch and I still got to the screw without the jack though.

Flathead screwdriver(Optional) You need the flat head to remove the black pins to move the bumper out of the way, but the edge of the 10mm worked fine.

Screw Driver

Time Required: 10 mins

1. Look under your car towards the edge of the fender and you will see one 10mm screw. twist counter-clockwise to remove the screw.

2. Pop the hood and look towards the edge the engine bay, on top you'll see two 10 mm screws, remove these.

3. Take the flat head and insert it into the space provided and lift it on one side then the next to remove the two black pins. Next use the fillips screws driver to remove the screw under the edge of the bumper that connects it to the fender ( There are actually four but you don't have to remove the other two unless your taking off the whole bumper.)

4. Move the fender down and you should see two 10mm screws connected to the Head light. These are very easy to remove.

5. Last screw, Open the door and look between the door and the car. The screw is easily accessible and easy to remove. After these the bumper should fall right off.

Last edited by Gunner; 01-13-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: fix format
Old 11-10-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: fener removal 01-03 civic

Are these instructions good for a 2005 Civic LX 4-door? And does anyone have the pictures? Thank you.

Jim

Originally Posted by Gunner
Not sure if it is the same but this is a DIy for a 2005

Tools: 10mm

Jack (Optional) You will need the jack to remove the screw under the car, I lowered my car 1 inch and I still got to the screw without the jack though.

Flathead screwdriver(Optional) You need the flat head to remove the black pins to move the bumper out of the way, but the edge of the 10mm worked fine.

Screw Driver

Time Required: 10 mins

1. Look under your car towards the edge of the fender and you will see one 10mm screw. twist counter-clockwise to remove the screw.

2. Pop the hood and look towards the edge the engine bay, on top you'll see two 10 mm screws, remove these.

3. Take the flat head and insert it into the space provided and lift it on one side then the next to remove the two black pins. Next use the fillips screws driver to remove the screw under the edge of the bumper that connects it to the fender ( There are actually four but you don't have to remove the other two unless your taking off the whole bumper.)

4. Move the fender down and you should see two 10mm screws connected to the Head light. These are very easy to remove.

5. Last screw, Open the door and look between the door and the car. The screw is easily accessible and easy to remove. After these the bumper should fall right off.