2002 Coupe Speaker Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013
LAPD Ricer Division

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LucasChilders is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 Coupe Speaker Upgrade

I began my journey out to Best Buy for no real reason, just to look around. Ended up buying new Kenwood speakers for all around the car (2 Tweeters, 2 6 1/2's, and 2 6x9's). I should say that I usually don't usually make impulse purchases like this, but its been in the back of my mind for ever to upgrade the speakers. When I got home I started the tedious process of trying to remove the rear deck. When I got about half way through it, my buddy that was helping me noted that the 6x9's say Pioneer and then a model number on them (If you want the model number I can get it, also the car is an EX). Through some research, I found that it had Pioneer speakers all around the car. So, I put everything back together and returned the speakers the next day.

My question is, are the stock Pioneer speakers actually that good, or should I have kept at it and replaced them?

Thanks,
Lucas

Last edited by LucasChilders; 05-12-2013 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Mentioning it is an EX
Old 05-12-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2002 Coupe Speaker Upgrade

Do they sound good to you?

Are you using the stock head unit or do you have an upgraded one?

Do you have a sub?
Old 05-12-2013
LAPD Ricer Division

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LucasChilders is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply,
I have a Pioneer AVH-1400DVD head unit that I installed, No sub. They sound good, but I don't think I have been in a car where the speakers are really really good, so I have no idea how good it could sound.
Old 05-12-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

It can always sound better, and the more you spend on audio equipment generally the better it sounds. Since you have an upgraded head unit it already probably sounds better then the stock one did (I know mine did). I think the stock speakers sound pretty decent but adding a higher quality speaker will help. Also if you run tweeters and sub it will sound better because you can separate the sounds better. The more separation the better sound you get.

When I added my sub the stock speakers could no longer keep up so I will upgrading mine when I can.