Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
how did i do??

this was my 3rd autoX, first time for competition

my runs were from 9PM-11PM

I ran in the Street Modified(SM) class due to my carbon fiber hood. I know others still run in STS, but I like to be honest when competing.

my name is Frank Sha. i listed my time on the novice group and how the SM and STS did.

so how did i do compared to my groups?

6 FRANK SHA 651 SM 03 HONDA CIVIC 36.43 37.945(1) 35.399

http://www.solo2.com/EventData/2004/...004-08-07R.pdf
Old 08-24-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Doesnt look like you did all that bad...

6th in PAX for the Novice class, Runing a SM pax on street tires....... Not bad at all.

If you were in STS, with a PAX index of .791 Vs your SM pax index of .838.... You would have had a PAX time of 28.195.... Putting you in 2nd!!! Only off 1st by .061 Seconds...

Dam, That carbon fiber hood is really slowing you down
Old 08-25-2004
Registered!!

usafstud will become famous soon enoughusafstud will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Zzyzx
Doesnt look like you did all that bad...

6th in PAX for the Novice class, Runing a SM pax on street tires....... Not bad at all.

If you were in STS, with a PAX index of .791 Vs your SM pax index of .838.... You would have had a PAX time of 28.195.... Putting you in 2nd!!! Only off 1st by .061 Seconds...

Dam, That carbon fiber hood is really slowing you down

so reals??????

how can it go from 35 seconds to 28??

i'm just really confused about all this PAX, SM, STS, and other autoX classification stuff

damn, now its about 3 hour drive to go to an autoX event now since i move from Socal to Central Coast/Socal.
Old 08-25-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Its an index. Like a handicap in golf.... puts everyone on a level playing field. Its just a multiplication factor for the class so everything is set level. Its derived from average times over years and years from countless events, and seems to set things fair and level. Basically SM allows for much higher levels of modification and HP, as well as drawing from a greater level of stock classes. Therefore that index is a lot higher than the STS index, which allows for less modification and typically comes from a field of the slower stock classes (HS and GS). So you're basically running a car in SM that should be an STS car (if you put the stock hood on)... all Spencer did was swap your index factor for the STS one and remultiply by your raw time. If you start doing a lot of these, you might want to re-think that CF hood.
Old 08-25-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Bingo..

Heres a grapical example of the Current SCCA PAX index... Kina shows how fast each class should be Vs each other

See, STS should be faster then H-stock and G-stock, but slower then D-Stock
SM (Street Mod) Is suppose to be faster then ALL the stock classes Including SS (Super Stock) and its faster then most of the Street Prepaired classes......

I
Old 08-26-2004
Addicted to the Twisties!

FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
If you start doing a lot of these, you might want to re-think that CF hood.

Or, at the VERY least, go FI so you can kinda "keep up".....but not likely with a civic.
Old 08-26-2004
Registered!!

NaSh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
im confused :-) but good job lol