Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

Who's Fast??? Now with pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Who's Fast??? Now with pics!!

Well the results are in for Round 3....

I came in 1st by .150 seconds

There were 9 STS drivers for this event, most were 1st timers, but at least there was some stiff compition by the owner of the car I was co-Driving. My best time, 45.175 His best time 45.325 and we were both driving the same car. 3rd place was almost 2 seconds back

Also, I go 3rd in PAX for the event, out of 94 cars, and 20th In RAW time.

And On a side note.... I did out run 2 different SRT-4s this event, by .792 for one and 3.945 seconds for the other. I guess Horsepower aint everything...

all in all it was a great day for racing, the sun was shining, the track was fast, and the little 89 Si was lovin every minute out on course.

Can' t wait for Next weekend, Pro Solo Here I come!!!

Last edited by Zzyzx; 04-21-2004 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-19-2004
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I outran an SRT this weekend too. No camber and 6" wheels is gonna kill those things.
Unfortunately Ron handed my *** to me. At least he was sympathetic enough to give me a bunch of pointers afterwards.
Old 04-21-2004
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Dam I'm going fast.....

This is Dave, Hes the Owner of the car. (ya, hes old enough to be my dad...)

I really Love that little 89 si, Its a Slot car compaired to how my 01 Ex is set up. (and being 500 LBS lighter doesnt hurt either).

Heres some of the compition. I came in 1st with a 45.175 Dave came in 2nd with a 45.325

This guy came in third 46.967

Fourth 47.338

Fith 48.435

Sixth 49.801

ect ect ect......

We had 9 STS cars out, it was great. Only 5 of us were Regulars, and the rest 1st timers. Hopefully they come back, seemed like a good bunch.
Old 04-22-2004
Addicted to the Twisties!

FattyMcJ will become famous soon enoughFattyMcJ will become famous soon enough
Congrats...good job! Must be nice to be up against 9 cars....I'm up against 50 others on avg. You should come to Denver for an event...I'd love to learn from you, and watch you. Maybe I'll see ya in Dec. !!! lol
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice. What hp is that si putting down?
Old 04-22-2004
Autocross Junky

Originally posted by Green Civic
Nice. What hp is that si putting down?
we estimate it to be around 110 (Maybe) to the wheels and thats Generous.... In Autocross Horsepower is Greatly over rated, weight is more improtant.... That little thing in its current trim weights about 2080LBS, with the right wheels and seats (with in the rules) we can trim that to sub 2000 LBS...
Old 04-22-2004
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
You are allowed seats that weigh more the 15lbs with brackets in STS I believe the new rule states. Even if you get wheels that weigh less you can PERMANENTLY attach materials to get them to 15lbs. What do the stock seats weigh?
Old 04-22-2004
Autocross Junky

Originally posted by robbclark1
What do the stock seats weigh?

way to Friggin much!
Old 04-22-2004
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
damn it i missed this one!!! hey guy holla at me if there's any even like this anyway where can I go to practice? I kinda like doing this thing... wanna see what my ride can do!
Old 04-22-2004
Autocross Junky

Next local event is may 9th

2004 Las Vegas Region Schedule
Old 04-22-2004
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I want to see the pics from the prosolo event. soon you will be racing at Mid-Ohio and we will be watching you on TV wishing we could all do that
Old 04-22-2004
Autocross Junky

Sadly My pro race career is allready over Most professional teams won't even look at you if your over 21. (I'm 25) But I do plan on eventually running a Spec class or maybe Improved Touring once Money becomes more avalible.

I'll be taking a lot of Pictures, as well as getting some Video of the Pro Solo.
Old 04-22-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Holy crap that Saturn is leaning over hard.
Old 04-22-2004
Autocross Junky

Originally posted by Pharoh
Holy crap that Saturn is leaning over hard.

That aint nothin...
would you believe it if I told you that this is being driven by a Little Old Lady?

Shes in her 60s, her husband drives a Formula 500 car, both for Road racing and autocross.
Old 04-22-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Good god, look at that thing roll!!! There's some crazy old women running in SoloII here in Ottawa and her son runs as well.

I think she drives a Jetta
Old 04-22-2004
Registered!!

Location: Scott County, KY. Where else? This is my town! Na na na..na..na..
dscottb01 is an unknown quantity at this point
In a friggin' Hyundai! OMG, I thought only Vdub's and Spec V's 3-wheeled?
Old 04-23-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Zzyzx
Sadly My pro race career is allready over Most professional teams won't even look at you if your over 21. (I'm 25)
there's always NASCAR, you can be 50 and still drive there
Old 04-23-2004
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Why wont teams look for people over 21?
Old 04-26-2004
Autocross Junky

Originally posted by Green Civic
Why wont teams look for people over 21?
For F1, your just about Past your prime. If you havent landed a ride by 21, your most likely not going to. By 25, your career is pretty much done. So, in reality you have about a 4 year window to get in to the Pros. So, If your 12, Start running Karts, by 16 you shoud be running F2000, by 18 running Formula Atlantic, Win there and start shoping for a Pro ride....
Old 04-26-2004
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
it also helps if you have a rich family to get into F1.