Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

helmet advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
helmet advice

I know some of you out there does autocross and I have been talking with boilermaker over IM about buying a helmet. I know that there is m2000 and sa2000 approved helmets and I know the difference. I kinda like the open faced helmets better, but it is hard to find an inexpensive Sa00 approved one. Does anyone have any opinions on good helmets? I know this is a OPP thing but I didn't think anyone in there would notice it.
Old 09-25-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Try Racers Wholesale

G-force makes some good gear, Inexpensive too.

Soloracer has some good gear aswell.

I was allways told to purchace the Best helmet I could afford, cause how much is your head worth to you?
Old 09-25-2003
Registered!!

4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
wouldnt a helmet like this type impair your vision when auto crossing?

i would think that helmet would be better for drag racing.

A helmet like this would be better for auto crossing because it is opened and you can see more. if i were to buy a helmet for autocrossing, i would go with an open faced one like this
Old 09-25-2003
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
thanks zzyzx. those are some good sites. I think i want an open faced helmet. They seem better for autox. There is a SA00 approved open faced on those sites so I am excited and it isn't that expensive. But should I really invest in an SA approved helmet when I can get a m00 approved one for cheaper?

Last edited by robbclark1; 09-25-2003 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-25-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
With most companys like G-force and Bell, the only thing that seperates their M and SA rated hemets is Fire reisistance. SA is fire resistant and M isnt. as far as Impact, they are ushually the same.

I have an M2000 my self