Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

2001 Ex takes 1st place in class.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
2001 Ex takes 1st place in class.

Ok, at this point I can say..... any one of us who thinks our cars are slow, is doing the wrong type of racing.

Why? because I just got first place in my class (STS) last weekend!!!!! and I was almost 2 seconds faster then any one else in my class!!! (1.86 sec to be exact) also, I placed 24th in raw time (Vs everone there) and 9th in the pax adjustment!!! I made Top 10 PAX!!!!!!!!! Woo HOOOO!!

any way Heres all the times of the people in my class

class # Name Best PAX Cones
sts 409 Spencer Stroyer 32.534 25.507
sts 338 Nhan Thai 34.394 26.965 1
sts 293 Robert Kile 34.626 27.147 1
sts 625 Randy Harrison 34.646 27.162 1
sts 7 Chris Tsouras 34.763 27.254
sts 110 Kenneth Meier 34.829 27.306 1
sts 111 James Bird 35.141 27.551
sts 627 Alan Deri 36.367 28.512 1
sts 628 Michael Ka 38.777 30.401 2

ME:

Oh ya, NO one has any excuse not to do autocross any more...... Because This guy came out, had a blast and said he's coming back for the next event.

and Yes, that is a lowrider truck with airbags .

Last edited by Zzyzx; 08-13-2003 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-13-2003
Registered!!

cCwASH is an unknown quantity at this point
ill be the first to congratulate you bro...great job!
Old 08-13-2003
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
I'll be the second... congrats...

I want to autocross! Need money first... and gotta find a place that does it in the SF area.
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

old beater is an unknown quantity at this point
im also interested in AutoX, but know anything about it to get into it.
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

old beater is an unknown quantity at this point
nice job BTW.
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

RSDCivic will become famous soon enough
sweet dude, congrats.. I definitely need to get into the auto X'ing
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

Green Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya, Autox is lots of fun. I just dont have the time anymore. I wouldnt mind getting a second set of tires and begin to AutoX again. Well congrats on the placement. Keep the rubber side down and you will continue to do great things.
Old 08-14-2003
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
I am going to register for my second AutoX in sept. I can't wait!! i am convincing other people to race too!

congrats!! Now we all know your real name, Spencer!! hehe
Old 08-14-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
SlammedBlueEM2: San Frrancisco Region SCCA

you should be able to find some events there.

old beater, what do you want to know? there are a couple of members on the forum that autocross regularly and Im sure any of them would be more then happy to help you. I think Boilermaker1 lives in Indiana, Fort Wayne I think (I don't know how close that is to you), he might be able to point you to an event.

robbclark1, good luck at the next event. And Spencer is my middle name.

Last edited by Zzyzx; 08-14-2003 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

JamesL is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice job.
Old 08-14-2003
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/ That is the San Fran SCCA, slammed. They should have a list of events. They require you to register to the SCCA, though. good luck
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

iluvbritney is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats
Old 08-14-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
nice job man. i would love to try out autox ing once i get my suspension set up..
Old 08-14-2003
Autocross Junky

Originally posted by civicvtec1ps
nice job man. i would love to try out autox ing once i get my suspension set up..

You dont need any suspension setups!
See, autocross is probably 90% driver, probably more. and any suspension mods you do now, before you start, will probably not help you much. an example of this: My friend Drives a stock Mitubeshi Lancer OZ rally edition. he races H-Stock I race STS. STS should be much faster then HS. up untill the last event he was as fast if not faster then me on average.

Then there's the Solo2 chair. He drives a Stock Hundi Tiberon also in HS, He is on average about 1 to 1/2 second FASTER then me.

My point is that when you start out The only thing thats going to make you and your car slow is......YOU and any suspension parts you add will only(maybe) shave off a few tenths of a second. and It will also Slow down the learning curve(Because it will allow you to get away with some bad habits and still be relitively fast.).

Just go with what you have now, onece you get use to that.. then start moding the suspension.
Old 08-14-2003
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
you are right. although,i just want to have some decent suspension setup before i go autoxing. maybe i will try out sometime soon with my stock si hehe
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

Bryn is an unknown quantity at this point
That truck looks funny....
Old 08-14-2003
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Thanks, Zzyzx and robbclark1.
Old 08-14-2003
Registered!!

Renamazazo is an unknown quantity at this point
Good job, you should really list your setup on your info page though, that way we can all copy you...
Old 08-14-2003
Autocross Junky

Originally posted by Renamazazo
Good job, you should really list your setup on your info page though, that way we can all copy you...
Thats top secret!

I haven't really done much of any thing to my car.
but Ill list all of what I have here.

1. DC header (Woo hoo... lease: )
2. Greddy Exaust

More important stuff...

1.H&R sport springs.
2.Neuspeed Front Anti-roll bar bushings
3.RSX rear anti-roll bar.

4 Falken Azenis sports 205/50R15 (Mounted on Rota slipstreams 15X6.5)

and More improtant then all that other stuff combined

1. Lots of seat time!!!
Old 08-14-2003
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
i would auto-x but my car cant handle it. kit and heavy *** rims. all show baby
Old 08-14-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Congrats man...
I'm working my way up... I made it to .1 outside the trophys this time. I'll get there soon.

Just in case any of you need MORE incentive to drag your asses out there.

Remember Van Wilder revving the golf cart??? This is the real life version of it.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

I wonder how one of those things handles. Sounds like theres fun to be had at 50MPG!
Old 08-15-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
I wonder how one of those things handles. Sounds like theres fun to be had at 50MPG!
Understeer like crazy. All the weight is in the front with the IMA and stuff... it was interesting to watch... to say the least.
Old 08-15-2003
www.AbsouluteDriven.com

obtix is an unknown quantity at this point
That is like SCCA right?
Old 08-15-2003
Autocross Junky

ya the SCCA is one club that does autocross. but there are really a lot of different clubs that do. The SCCA just happens to be the biggest and most wide spread.

I'm a Card carying Member of the SCCA my self now. Next year Im thinking about going to a few Pro Solos. Pro Solos are a mix of drag racing and Autocross (Think of a drag race with turns.) Plus because its a Pro event, you can win $$$$ and get Contingency $$$ from vendors!!!!
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

I just realized that of all the people I see on here that autox, none of them have spoliers... BUT THEY MAKE YOU SO MUCH FASTER... actually, autocrossing is at relatively lows speeds right, so a spoiler really wouldn't help much (i'm not talking about a huge double decker wing either)
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
congrats, is it just civics on your class??
Old 08-15-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally posted by 00celicagts6spd
congrats, is it just civics on your class??
Nope... STS is fairly open. Basic bolton power mods, suspension upgrades, Street Tires with 160 treadwear and up only, there are displacement limits, but most of your major Sport Compacts fall into STS if lightly modified, LSD can't be added, but some factory units are ok. Above that falls STX, which opens the rules up a little more, AWD and LSDs, you can have aftermarket cats, theres other stuff, the rules are online in a number of places.
Old 08-15-2003
Autocross Junky

LIke what Boilermaker1 said, STS is a class that has such cars as Integra GSR, Impresa 2.5 RS, Audi A4 1.8T,Volkswagen Golf/Jetta/Beetle/Passat 1.8T ect.... Basically any sport compact that can fit 4 people.

Last edited by Zzyzx; 08-15-2003 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2003
Autocross Junky

I just realized that of all the people I see on here that autox, none of them have spoliers... BUT THEY MAKE YOU SO MUCH FASTER... actually, autocrossing is at relatively lows speeds right, so a spoiler really wouldn't help much (i'm not talking about a huge double decker wing either)

Spoiler? what the H3LL do I want with a spoiler? Its just added weight!

you don't need a spoiler, except maybe at the Club racing Level where your on an actual race track. even then most classes dont let you have one unless its stock (Improved Touring for example). really, on most cars its an absolute waste. Plus they slow you down(More wind resistance).

Quick Reply: 2001 Ex takes 1st place in class.