Auto X/Road Racing Auto X and Road Course Forum

2001 Ex takes 1st place in class.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003
Autocross Junky
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Boilermaker1
Congrats man...
I'm working my way up... I made it to .1 outside the trophys this time. I'll get there soon.
If your .1 out of placing, and your running on street tires that pretty damn good. once you switch up to some competitive tires like Falken Azenis or Kumho MX's you'll be all over them. When I switched to My Falkens, It droped about 1 sec off of my time.
Old 08-15-2003
Registered!!

00celicagts6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
Once my pooor car gets back to running order I am gonna explore autox. I've done pretty good stock on the 1/4 so I'm almost ready to upgrade. lol then you guys can laugh at me for losin to som civics lol BTW I just learned how to drive stick so, I'm sure thats gonna show if I go autoX. lol Anybody got some vids of any of their runs????
Old 08-15-2003
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
No worries, one of the fastest guys I've ever raced against (In my class) was driving an 86 civic Si, with a whoping 91 Hp. He was on average 2-3 seconds faster then me. Then he moved back to Indiana, but I hear hes coming back to Las vegas! So I can't wait to see how much I've improved since he was here last.

this is him,

and a Video of him racing.

once you get in to it, you'll realize that autocross is about the driver not the car.

this is coming from a guy that still gets beat by an "Old timer" driving an H-Stock Tiberon.
of course Last time he only beat me by a tenth (Luckily he's not in my class)

The autocross scene is totally different from the drag racing scene. at the local Midnight Madness every one there is trying to impress, Its a show really. As in Who has put the most $$ in to their cars and who has the most HP. at an autocross, the regulars are there for fun. At least at the local level, Nationally its a different story but people are still there to have fun even though they take it more seriously.
If you show up with a tricked out car and expect people to be impressed, well you'll be dissapointed. but if you show up in your car and beat evey body in you're class, then they'll be impressed. Like I said, In autocross its all about the people.

so show up, have some fun, meat some people.

Last edited by Zzyzx; 08-15-2003 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-15-2003
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Should I say "forget it" if my car is auto? I know having it shifting low can't be a good thing... so should I just wait until my next car, which will be a stick?
Old 08-15-2003
Autocross Junky

NO! plenty of cars that come out are automatics.

My friends lancer is automatic and he does fine

sure its a bit of a disadvantage, and you may not be totaly competitve in your class, but that shoudn't stop you from coming out and having a little fun.
Old 08-15-2003
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
what are the time differences from say your class to the top class competeting?
Old 08-15-2003
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
How to autocross an Automatic (not from me, from someone who did it).
Put the car in '2', leave it.
Most autocrosses are done in 2nd gear anyway. If you find the revs are too high (if you're coming out of corners consistently above 5000 RPM, use D3. It can be done. I race with a guy who has an auto 2.5RS, who just throws it in Drive, he does fine.
Old 08-16-2003
Autocross Junky

A-Mod is the fastes class, and to say the least. They are Damn Fast. But how much faster varies from course to coures (You NEVER run the same coures twice, thats part of the fun of autocross). You can look at the PAX Index to get an Idea as to how much faster they should be on any given course though. A-mod has a PAX multiple of 1.000 STS has a PAX multiple of .784. How the PAX works is you take your Raw time and Multiply it by the PAX (This is how you see how you did Vs people in other classes) SO since A-mod has a pax of 1.000 what ever theire raw time = their PAX.

Example. Say an A mod car ran the course at 30 sec. (Theoretical Perfect run), what this means to us through the PAX an STS car runing a Perfect run should get a 38.265 so on average, an A-mod car should be about 8 seconds faster then an STS car.

By the way... this is an A-Modified Car

and so is this

so you can see that A-Mod cars can take many forms but all are purpose built race cars.
Old 08-16-2003
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
hah, those would be so fun to drive
Old 08-18-2003
All Eyes On Z

SlammedBlueEM2 is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by NoFriends
hah, those would be so fun to drive
Hell yeah.
Old 08-18-2003
the Rage

neocivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
i wish there was some kind of racin stuff like that in my area, the only thing here is a 1/8 mile track and then of course the streets.
Old 08-18-2003
Autocross Junky

Originally posted by neocivic01
i wish there was some kind of racin stuff like that in my area, the only thing here is a 1/8 mile track and then of course the streets.

Florida has 3 regions, the Southern Florida region, the Dixie Region (tallahassee, Florida) and the Central Florida region one of those might have something going on near you. You also might want to check out the Alabama Region They might have something closer

Here's a listing of all the SCCA Regions

Last edited by Zzyzx; 08-18-2003 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-19-2003
the Rage

thanks alot but im gettin ready to go to korea for a year
Old 08-25-2003
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
autocross looks pretty cool...it is for people who really knows how to drive.

drag race is really kind of supid, just straight line, and it gives people wrong idea about car. Like "my cavalier run 13s and the is300 run 14's, my car is better than is300~~"

don't know why people even call it a race when suspension, hadling skill, coordination, gas milage is totally not even involved in.
Old 08-25-2003
the Rage

word
Old 08-25-2003
Samoan<^>(-_-)<^>Power

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
krayziebonet4l is an unknown quantity at this point
great job
Old 10-31-2003
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
just wondering...

how is mustang and camaro perform is this kind of race? VS IS 300 subaru and evo8 which suppose to be the handling king
Old 11-03-2003
Autocross Junky

Originally posted by orion_squall
just wondering...

how is mustang and camaro perform is this kind of race? VS IS 300 subaru and evo8 which suppose to be the handling king
STi IS 300 and Evo 8 being Handling Kings??? since when?

How mustangs and camaros fair against these other cars, depends on which version.
so lets compair classes.

STi and the EVO 8 are both in A stock, and both get smacked around by the Corvettes that dominate the class. The Mustang Cobra SVT is also in A-Stock and it gets beaten by all of the above.

The Camaro SS is in B-stock which is dominated by S2000 and Porsche Boxters.

Most other versions of the Camero and the Mustang fall in to F-Stock

The IS 300 is D-Stock.... slower then all of the above.

How much Faster or slower can be calculated using the PAX index of each class (The PAX Index is a system of handicapping cars, so that cars in different SCCA classes may compare times against each other. The PAX index for the fastest class (AM) is always 1.0. For any other class, multiply your time by the index for your class to get the time you theoretically would have run in an AM car.)

A-Stock PAX = .828
B-Stock PAX = .825
F-Stock PAX = .806
D-Stock PAX = .795
STS PAX = .791(Next years PAX, class that I run in)

So For each car to have a pax of 30 seconds (Each car ran the course as fast as it could with a perfect lap).
the A-Stock cars would have a raw time of 36.231
the B-Stock cars would have a raw time of 36.363
the F-Stock cars would have a raw time of 37.220
the D-Stock cars would have a raw time of 37.735
and the STS cars would have a raw time of 37.926

SO....... The EVO 8 and the STi should be .132 seconds faster then the B-Stock cars, .989 Seconds faster then the F-Stock cars, 1.5 Seconds faster then the D-Stock cars and finally 1.695 seconds faster then Me.

Old 11-03-2003
Registered!!

Renamazazo is an unknown quantity at this point
At the AutoX I just went to, my best time was a WHOPPING 65.xxx
The best time of the day was a 51.xxx and that was almost the last car to run. AutoCrossing in the snow... very UNIQUE experience, granted when I was on the track it was only VERY VERY VERY wet, on very uneven pavement... but the first run group had snow to deal with.
Keep in mind I was on BALD STOCK firestones, So I think I actually did pertty good. Seeing as I couldn't not slide around. A little more info is in this thread

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...hreadid=122319